SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

And a big tip of the hat to Matty Rickards with my great mate Squeak mumbling the notes beside him. Had been hearing for years the man can steer, and with a car under him that goes the distance that's been proven. To beat Tony Warren in what I imagine is a very similar spec car is going well.

All you Victorian based crews, Mt Baw Baw Sprint next weekend the road is a buzz better than Bulla a good hit out before Targa 190 klm cheap entry close to home can it get any better.

I'm in for the Touring part... No cage and all the other business you see.

Going to be a great weekend, looking forward to that... And the beers. Actually, more so the beers.

Was great following the event via the net.... well better than nothing at all....far worse than not being there.

Top drive by Matt Close. That thing sounds a liitle bit angrier on the you tube vids than last time I heard it. Such a close battle up frtont day one. Seems YT always has a little up his wizards sleeve when he needs it.

Well deserved win for Mr Rickard. Top drive and sizzling pace. Definately picked the right time to bail on EM. I thought TW would have been all over it given his past form in showroom but wasa fair way back.

Good to see Scotty get the TME home in one piece and an excellent result at the same time.

Will not be showing the pics of the cars heading into the drink to the missus. I think that would finish her nav careeer. Now to get theis wedding out of the way and start on the chook cooker.

Top drive by Matt Close. That thing sounds a liitle bit angrier on the you tube vids than last time I heard it.

Last time I saw it on a hoist I noticed the exhaust just behind the B Pillar was made from some invisible pipe that went all the way through to the tail pipes....

Last time I saw it on a hoist I noticed the exhaust just behind the B Pillar was made from some invisible pipe that went all the way through to the tail pipes....

i believe the CAMS scrutineers let Capt Phatom know that his Blown Rear diffuser woundn't be allowed at the next event!!!

the exhaust finished just in front of the factory rear diffuser, don't know if there was any talk of Redbull being involved, but thats what i saw and heard...

We're not sure if we will be dragging the Evo down for another Wrest Point. Unfortunately the cost/benefit ratio is rooted and even more so this year with the very early afternoon finish meaning it is really only a 1.5day event now. Add to the highway (or seaway) robbery that is the "Spirit o Tas" and its not hard to find other things to spend the cash on. :down:

Pity really, because Tahune/Airwalk is the bomb! :cool:

^^Ditto. Just to get the car, trailer and tow vehicle over cost more than the event itself... Would be worth it if it was a Fri arvo, all day Sat and all day Sun.

Dad and I had a clean event with no major dramas. Didn't go as well as we were hoping but we/the car got home in tact and ready for Targa Tas in April.

In car vid from Cygnet stage (including the stage finish).

All that's left to do now before TT is a good service and get some new rubber. Does anyone know if the 8 tyre rule change has been confirmed?

costs the same for a caravan as a car trailer its only motor homes that get cheaper rates

Online quote for exactly the same dimension caravan as our car trailer has the caravan being $200 cheaper EACH WAY!

Time to start hiding our cars inside caravan shells :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words Benny and Blaise, had a fantastic event and really surprised how well we fared considering it was the first real drive since the off last year. As mentioned previously, the pace for EM was blistering and Matty Rickards certainly unleashed right from the word go. Tony Warren had only finished his car in the eleventh hour and went into the event with little to no testing, although he was still surprised at the pace Matt was setting.

Considering the amount of bad luck he has had in the past with mechanical issues I could think of no one more deserving of the win, he is a gun behind the wheel and it was fantastic to see him finally reap the rewards.

I have heard a few rumors from some of the modern crew voicing the familiar "cheater emo" chant due to 4 EM cars finishing within the outright top 10, Rickards times must have left a few in awe :ph34r:

April won't come round fast enough, although we are only doing rookie I will be ticking the days off the calendar in anticipation!

Online quote for exactly the same dimension caravan as our car trailer has the caravan being $200 cheaper EACH WAY!

Time to start hiding our cars inside caravan shells :cheers:

Dont know mate but the last couple of years its cost $1600 return towing the caravan getting out of the Tassie winter or the big banger to High country.

^^^^ That is an epic effort by Eddie in what sounds like a pretty stockish car. Must have been driving the wheels off it.

Seems in modern, like most classes, there is the pointy end, then the not so pointy, and then the rest. Theres no reason why a well sorted EMO VI/VII or any other car in the right hands cant run close to the front outright. A well sorted 996TT or Z Tune Replica 34GTR would go close to doing the business outrigth I would have thought.

Credit where credit is due Scott :)

Don't forget the Showroom cars either ...... for instance Eddie's Emo 8 GSR Showroom car, 7th Outright.

There is some shit swirling down here about that. He's been accused by a few people of running multiple sets of tyres. Apparently he was seen dissapearing up bush tracks, and coming out with different tyres.

There is some shit swirling down here about that. He's been accused by a few people of running multiple sets of tyres. Apparently he was seen dissapearing up bush tracks, and coming out with different tyres.

Oh really, that's MEGA-shit and very disappointing if that's true :(

I knew there had been some questions swirling around over the car's elligibility re shocks, but I wasn't there to witness anything, therefore can't comment.

Given that he's broke, and couldn't really afford the tyre's that were on the car, i don't recon there's any truth in that at all..

i'll bet my left nut on Eddie being on the up and up, the guy is a freak behind the wheel...

i'll tell you a story about Eddie going to help Vandenberg do a tyre test at baskerville one day, Jamie had done 2 40 lap run's on 2 different sets of tyre's, and couldn't

get any more from his Evo 9, Eddie jump's in the thing, having never driven the car, on 40 lap old tyre's and ripped over a second off him...!!!!!!!!

I HATE POOR LOSERS......:mad: