SAU Community

Fitting Aftermarket Steering Wheel To R34 Gtt

NZMO

Im looking at fitting an aftermarket Steering Wheel like a momo Race to my R34 GTT, i heard some ppl say i can use a standard Boss kit and others say i need a boss kit with Hicas, can someone please help me out here to what i need.

Im also looking at fitting a Quick release hub so i can remove the steering wheel.

Any Info would be greatly appreciated to what i need to do all this,

i did try a search but couldnt find any info related to my question.

cheers and thanks

David

Hey Dave,

You need a boss kit dont think you need a hicas anything.. I believe all it is is a ground cable which controls airbag light that is all.

Cheer

Nathaniel

Id just take out the light in the dash, you've got the wheel off its like 4 screws.

Problem with fuse is in a crash ur passenger bag would want to work cause if it dont your passenger will have a nice head scar.

If you want to get technical there is a clip attached inside the wheel, this needs to be grouned. just attach a wire on a clip ground it to the wheel screws :D

Ill snap a photo if I take it off again.

Edited by DECIM8

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys if this sounds stupid, but what happens with the horn button , im fitting the momo champion steering wheel with boss kit and d1 quick release kit(just jap)

post-7461-1217641737_thumb.jpg

Horns pretty simple, I tightened the wire under the main bolt. One question though, why replace an airbag wheel with something like that? IMO the stock wheel looks much better.

I have a MOMO Commando on mine, racey and fancy, but not overly "out there"

Thanks guys for the advice, all good.

I decided to go with the momo because it was a cheaper option than buying a brand new 34GTT airbag wheel in mint condition - my current 34GTT wheel is peeling, plus i didnt pay for the momo wheel, so its all good.

Thats a very nice wheel.. I may be partial to it as mine is similar.. damn Doski that car is mint so want the front bar..

PM how much it cost to mold it .. You never got back to me.

• Like 1

this is probably a very stupid question .. but none of these aftermarket steering wheel support the standard airbag right ??

hmm.. I sence a very important neice market comming along!

Thanks all for the advice, the new wheel is on now and the horn works no problem ,airbag light is fine got the boss kit with the plug etc so very pleased, the steering wheel does protrude out slightly more than normal because of the D1 Quick Release hub but its not that noticable only when flicking the indicator on you need to extend your finger a little (not the lazy flick like normal while holding the wheel)

here is a couple of pics,

cheers,

David

post-7461-1218165360_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1218165383_thumb.jpg

post-7461-1218165402_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...