SAU Community

Rb26 Rebuild In Perth

Crans

I have an unlicensed r32 GTR Fully complied but not licenses due to 6th cylinder having little compression.

Where can i take it in Perth to get the bottom end rebuilt with forged pistons and rods, crank collar N1 oil and water pump and new bearings.

No one wants to touch it with out me handing over 25k.

All i want is a basic rebuild to get the car going and make it abit stronger. aiming for 350rwkw. more work will get done in time but just want bottom end done for now. I may as well chuck in oil restrictor and head service so all is good.

If i cant find anyone to do it I have found a replacement engine for 4400 + 990 fitting. It includes a gearbox clutch and ecu in that price.

Any ideas?

which workshops have you been to......

C-red

Xspeed

Hyperdrive

Intune

Im sure all of them do it for much less then 25k

ps. check the consolidated workshop thread

Edited by R32 Driver

Checked that thread and rang probably all of them. Altho afew never answer there phones

Everyone i spoke to said unless its a full on rebuild there not interested

What's your budget?

For an engine build you are probably better off going in a talking to someone face to face. They deal with dreamers ringing up all the time. I know many of the workshops are flat out at the moment so expect the odd un-answered phone call or email.

Maybe an N1 crate motor from Just Jap is the go Click Me

I have an unlicensed r32 GTR Fully complied but not licenses due to 6th cylinder having little compression.

Where can i take it in Perth to get the bottom end rebuilt with forged pistons and rods, crank collar N1 oil and water pump and new bearings.

No one wants to touch it with out me handing over 25k.

All i want is a basic rebuild to get the car going and make it abit stronger. aiming for 350rwkw. more work will get done in time but just want bottom end done for now. I may as well chuck in oil restrictor and head service so all is good.

If i cant find anyone to do it I have found a replacement engine for 4400 + 990 fitting. It includes a gearbox clutch and ecu in that price.

Any ideas?

we got a very similar rebuild for around 8k on one of our r32 gtrs , a little more with some extras like pumps and recon injectors , afms etc. Give me a call and I can talk to the engine builder , he is very busy so it won't be quick if he does take it on but his work was great and we are very happy with the engine so far

if you do go cut , kyp are great

I have 8k to play with.

The engine for $4400 is a 50k r32 engine. Couldnt find any later model engines for sale.

i wouldnt even bother rebuilding a rb26 unless you have at least 10k for parts alone...

either a 2nd hand motor or go get a loan and do it properly

budget 26 WILL end in tears

i wouldnt even bother rebuilding a rb26 unless you have at least 10k for parts alone...

either a 2nd hand motor or go get a loan and do it properly

budget 26 WILL end in tears

You are kidding aren't you? :O What parts do you need to be able to spend $10k on?

An Rb26 doesn't need to be built to produce 1000hp or rev to 10,000rpm. Set some reasonable expectations & with a reasonable budget you can get a good result by rebuilding your motor.

Certainly a better result than spending money on a tired 2nd hand motor anyway.

Mainly thinking of getting the second hand engine installed due to the time a rebuild will take.

I want the car licensed so I can drive the damn thing.

Looking for 500bhp max in the long term set a nice rev limit of 8500

How long will it take you to build?

You gave me a quote before but the misses wants me to get it done locally cuz she wants the car on the road ASAP.

How long would it take for the engine to get back to me?

What freight company do you use?

How long will it take you to build?

You gave me a quote before but the misses wants me to get it done locally cuz she wants the car on the road ASAP.

How long would it take for the engine to get back to me?

What freight company do you use?

4 weeks...TNT

You are kidding aren't you? ;) What parts do you need to be able to spend $10k on?

An Rb26 doesn't need to be built to produce 1000hp or rev to 10,000rpm. Set some reasonable expectations & with a reasonable budget you can get a good result by rebuilding your motor.

Certainly a better result than spending money on a tired 2nd hand motor anyway.

Agreed...

I might have to give Paul a bell, come this time next year for a 26, or 26/30 build come this time next year if local options are no good.