SAU Community

R33 GTST & Soarer TT

I think Soarer TT is a very fast car, even in auto form. A manual R33 turbo in stock form will have a hard time trying to beat this, unless you modify ur R33....

Stock factory spec, the Soarer TT will win over R33 by about 0.36 seconds over 400m (TT=14.02s vs R33=14.38s). But a manual R33 is lighter so it's easier to modify ur car to be in the mid 13s, while the heavier Soarer will need more power to match a modded GTS-t and the auto box has some limit... but HPI's Sin City Soarer project has made some respectable power there... with lots of mods too, but that's a manual version.

Even if soarers are like.... 150-200kg heavier from R33:

1. From factory, they came with +/- 20kw more power.

R33=187kw vs Soarer=206kw claimed spec

2. From factory, TT came with one extra turbo.

3. Soarer's TT (as well as Supra) are known for their excellent

twin turbo management, lots better than Liberty B4

4. Well managed TT equals more torque.... more acceleration.

These facts would make up for the added weight required for NVH reduction, plusher and more luxurious ride for Soarer's target customers....

Originally posted by Soulja

Also they r shit off the block, i had about 1 or 2 car distance between one in astra

How do you know the Soarer was even trying? Unless of course it was a friend of yours driving the Soarer, and both of you knew it was a race. In which case i withdraw my comment.

Even if the Soarer was trying to beat you in the Astra, how do you know the Soarer wasnt the 3L atmo variety?

Not meaning to have a go at you man, its just that comparisons like that dont really mean much, if anything at all.

Contrary to you comparison, the 1JZ has always been renowned for their "glorious" (quoting HPI) low-end torque, which would account for greater accelaration than your astra.

rs73, it doesn't work like that, we don't live in a perfect world many outside factors will affect the cars overall acceleration. i belive that the skyline would be faster on the take off and it would be a close finish.

(just my 2cents wit abit of phy input heheh ;))

Turbo_tits im about 80% he has going at it, as we were for along time, i think the Bov made me think it was a turbo hehe :) , might not have been thou

I would say a close call...

A GTS-T with minor mod would have around 150-160rwkw.

There's still long way to go to get at least 170-180rwkw to take advantage of GTS-t lighter chassis.

But i'm not sure, if you are keen, you can do a power to weight calculation and see how much rwkw is required for gts-t to equal that soarer's 200rwkw....

Originally posted by Soulja

Turbo_tits im about 80% he has going at it, as we were for along time, i think the Bov made me think it was a turbo hehe :) , might not have been thou

I wonder if he was one of those wannbe turbo, atmo fellas, sticking his head out the window and making "pshhh" noises ;)

Your Astra isnt the new turbo model is it?