SAU Community

Rb20det ? What Turbo Should I Use

Continuing , there's 4 TD04 turbines and A TE04 thats a little larger than the largest TD04 (HL) and a little smaller than the entry level TD05 turbine .

People with European cars claim 300 odd hp from TD04HL-19T turbos so not too bad for what they are .

Always remember that Mitsy turbos are generally bush rather than ball bearing so they walk a fine line between boost response and power range .

A .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys for the info have taken all to consideration and in the end i have gone with the hyper gear turbo the tr43 gen 3,

i went with a cheapo one for the time being and when i build my 26/30 i will go all out on the turbo and all the gear.

will prob go 3540 or something simillar

yet again thanks for the help and advice

Hey Trent, when do you think that you will be getting more of the 8cm l2's in?

Just pm me if you would like as ive got a few questions but am interested in buying one...

Thanks mate,

Ryan

I looked at the 6cm when i changed from 10cm to 8cm. The 6cm is bloody small. I think the 6cm is definitely 1.5L territory and for use on twin turbo 6 cylinder setups. I was tempted to try one until i physically held one in my hand. Tiny is the word i think i used.

Im looking at doing the same thing at the moment with mine :cool:

I reckon i will bolt the 10cm up and do a back to back with the 8cm to overlap on the dyno whilst tuning just to see as im not 100% convinced that i will see much more with the 8cm rear!!!