SAU Community

Which Bov To Get For R33?

I have a gtst r33 S2 and wanting to get a atmo BOV but dont know which one to go for since have heard about stalling issues. Car is pretty much stock engine and stock ecu besides exhust system. Which would be the best bov to get that wont cause stalling?

thanks

all atmospheric one will cause you to have stalling issues,

But if you wish to get a atmospheric venting one i would recomend the turbosmart Dual-port one. this is because you cau set the BOV to vent to atmosphere, be plumbed back, or it can do both at the same time.

stock is good, same as gtr bov

if you want aftermarket I could suggest a GFB Stealth-FX atmo/plumb-back (100% adjustable) bov, nice sound, no stalling issues on plumb back mode

full atmo isnt a good idea IMHO, at the least some sort of adjustable one to get the 'mixture" of atmo/plumb back correct

+1 For stock bov, or GTR one.

I have a GFB Stealth FX and atmo sounds great. Plumb back is also good, nice and fluttery. If you put it half way you can have a quieter atmo sound.

I had it on atmo for a while and never had an issue with stalling, it did feel weaker though like the intake feel was different.

Just keep the stock on, or get a GTR one, and replace the stock airbox with a pod.

An atmo is just going to give you the shits after a while anyway.

I cant see the point in spending money on a aftermarket BOV?? its a bit of money to drop for just a sound...

Spend the money on a frontmount intercooler!

Edited by Az_StrYdeR

ok, ive heard that some say if you adjust the BOV correctly that it will eliminate the stalling issue, is that true or is the dual port the only way? Quote

no matter what you do to adjust the BOV you will still have to stalling problem. i would recomend a dualport one, because if you do get sick of the sound that it makes you can very simply pull the trumpet off the BOV and cover the port with the backing plate.

Keep the stock BOV and replace your air box with an Air Pod.

A pod will give you the 'Choo' noise and only when the turbo is Spooling.

If you get an aftermarket BOV it will "AARRCCHOOO" even when you are not boosting = Wank Factor

Or save the cash and go for a front mount intercooler. You will be benefiting the car a lot better.