SAU Community

Adelaide Street Scene

chef_stagea

we have cruises i organise them and have been since the star of the year almost, i have rules and we dont go near the city and the meet spot if fine and wont be changing also most of everyone has my number so thats how we stay in touch or we have radios

yes well ive been around doen the bike thing,having a break for bit,just got my 33 over week ago,so will have to go on the next cruise,to keep in touch with it,known roo for while if helps with the contact factor i guess.friend has 33 also just never had anyone to cruise with till now

Does anyone want a free Uniden uhf radio? It has about 40 channels, i bought it in a twin pack and I only need one. They aren't great for long distance stuff but should be fine for cruises/meets.

*Batteries not included. :D

you should hang onto it to lend to people dude... better use that way

i got my twin pack here for such an occasion. go channel 40

-D

Anyone can organise a cruise - heck i did and i don't even have a skyline.

You just gotta be willing to put in the time and effort, keep the cops informed. All SAU cruises inform the cops i hear, anyways. Jack told the cops about mine - don't think they cared to much and we didn't have any troubles.

Its mainly the hooning that attracts them (obviously why they rocked up after a commie did some ringies in the same carpark that we were in)

And yep. Radio's definately come in handy. :D

Used to be crap in the later days of CSA, we'd always get randoms in commonwhores doing a quick open wheeler then go speeding off down marion road....5 minutes later a cop would arrive and ask what was going on. lol

you mean lil bjays coming in LOL

it was good for the length of time we frequented there

as was the old morphettville junction carpark, until we got kicked outta there for the same shit

oh, and on a friday night whack ya UHFs on 31, ive always got the one on in the patrol

*honk honk*

I've organized monthly cruises/meets on another forum for years when I was moderator there and with my previous car - I dont know whats the need to inform the police of EVERY cruise for? Its not a major big event across many multiple forums/clubs where you dont know how people will behave - its just a small get together weekly/fortnightly/monthly between known regulars...

probably a good habit to form though, even if it is just precautionary.

i dare say the boys in blue would look kinder on a cruise of skylines that theyve been notified about then one they havent.

^^^

exactly, especially the fact that you've told them means ya a lot less likely to do dumb shit, so they dont see a need to follow everyone, waiting for someone to be a dumb f**k

Points taken - though to me it still seems ridiculous we basically need to keep them notified as if though we're a bunch of criminals just because we drive Skylines...

Points taken - though to me it still seems ridiculous we basically need to keep them notified as if though we're a bunch of criminals just because we drive Skylines...

yeah i agree, but on the other hand i remember a lot of night cruises where we come across cops and they arent even interested :rofl:

a bit off-topic, but i was reading that japan is the complete reverse, over there you could drive as low/loud/offset as you want and never get looked at, but if you drive in a group of modded cars they will arrest the lot of you :domokun:

at the end of the day your only helping yourselves by letting them know.

f**k all this talk, we need a hills thrash back in the day style. like meet at base of freeway. eagle on the hill to crafers. back roads to stirling and mt barker. woodside to lobathal and back thru gumeracha.. those were the days. no maps, no cops, no bullshit. just a good old thrash!

Edited by steveP
  • Like 1

wah, wah wah, is all I'm hearing..... :rofl:

The "car scene" is what it is, there is no point in whinging about what it used to be. Don't want attention? go for a drive by yourself. Hang out in a large group? run the risk.

Otherwise you could all sit on the internet whinging about it..... oh wait...... : :domokun:

it comes down to the age old argument,what other people cant have they make other people pay for,any car that looks like it gets looked after,is one reason too many for the coppers to check it over. its just lucky they dont know what thier looking at,the day that happens were all in trouble,i just got me a r33 with all the bits,i spent most of the weekend just trying to hide bits they look for,its rubbish its got that way.

Hey Damo. :domokun: You were quick to join up here! So how hard was it to see the CBR go?

We're having a small gathering at Vilis this friday night 8pm. Come meet some of the guys and sign up to come on the gepps cross Kart Mania night next week which I'm organising ... thats if Vanessa will let you play with the boys :D

btw hows the 33 treating you? Tracy and I are moving this weekend to the new house. We might take some time out and drop by if your home, and take a peek at the new toy. :rofl:

As of today, an Aprilia RS125. im a sucker for 2 stroke powerbands i guess, i'm going to work my way to the RSV Mille when i qualify.

I'm currently selling my GSXR600 race bike, so I can buy another RS250. Raced one before and I miss it. I think the 2 strokes are shit on the street, but awesome bikes on the track. I hope to be racing one again next year.

Edited by RubyRS4

Hey Damo. :) You were quick to join up here! So how hard was it to see the CBR go?

We're having a small gathering at Vilis this friday night 8pm. Come meet some of the guys and sign up to come on the gepps cross Kart Mania night next week which I'm organising ... thats if Vanessa will let you play with the boys :)

btw hows the 33 treating you? Tracy and I are moving this weekend to the new house. We might take some time out and drop by if your home, and take a peek at the new toy. :)

yeah was a sad day seeing it go after the respray,but the 33 makes up 4 it,i was planning on a quick boost around on fri il cum past see whats happening,get a dino on fri morn so it should be cool,need to dial in the boost controller,its bit out of tune

Edited by tryandcatchme

well the car scene has died in adelaide because of this stupidly cold conditions

while these conditions are great for our front mounts

its not so good on us human beings

wait till summer boys and gals

the car scene will definately return but at the same time the cop attention will too

its so stupid that the cops make us import drivers a moving target

Nail on the head.. Its cold and feels like it has been constantly raining.

Wait for the very first warm night and watch everyone head out.

Nail on the head.. Its cold and feels like it has been constantly raining.

Wait for the very first warm night and watch everyone head out.

The first warm night I get, I'll be out on the bike :D