SAU Community

V Series Gallery

Hey, so this is ours. A 70th Anniversary edition.

Be interested to see what people think of the stripe down the side. Have had some mixed feedback about it...

Krystle.

DSC01352-1.jpg

DSC01348-1.jpg

Edited by Vimana

I just picked this car up the other week, some of you may have seen it around Brisbane before with the previous owner. Most of the shots are from a Forge photoshoot before I got the car.

20" Forge wheels, Brembos, leather, bose stereo, coilovers, exhaust and a few other bits and pieces.

Overall really happy with the car. Just have to sort out some slight scrubbing problems on the front when hitting bumps and see if I can get the screen fixed. No picture showing up so I can't see what I'm doing...

Has anyone experienced any headlight problems with these lights? They don't seem all that bright on low beam?

Also I seem to be getting a "tick" noise when taking off and sometimes when changing gears. Sounds like it is coming from the rear brakes?

post-92106-0-58158100-1334099780_thumb.jpg

post-92106-0-16099700-1334099799_thumb.jpg

post-92106-0-35297000-1334099822_thumb.jpg

post-92106-0-77628200-1334099938_thumb.jpg

Hey Goodys, nice ride. Yeah ! Mine developed a ever so small "clicking" at around 60,000klms. Its so faint that even my mechanic cant work out where its from. I m pretty sure its a cv joint to the diff. I notice it when I first take off (sometimes 2nd gear), but definitely when you reverse then go forward.If it gets louder I will investigate further , but too minor to worry about now.

As for lights- the only issue with all skylines Ive had is the front passenger side parking buld. Usually just give it a bump & its good !

I just changed to LED'S as well as interior & wow thats good bang for the bucks!

Hey Goodys, nice ride. Yeah ! Mine developed a ever so small "clicking" at around 60,000klms. Its so faint that even my mechanic cant work out where its from. I m pretty sure its a cv joint to the diff. I notice it when I first take off (sometimes 2nd gear), but definitely when you reverse then go forward.If it gets louder I will investigate further , but too minor to worry about now.

As for lights- the only issue with all skylines Ive had is the front passenger side parking buld. Usually just give it a bump & its good !

I just changed to LED'S as well as interior & wow thats good bang for the bucks!

Thanks for the info mate, I have a hoist handy so might have a look around and see if I can find anything near the CV's.

I just got home from a drive and decided to actually have a look at the lights while they were on and it seems I have 3 out of the 4 low beam lights out haha. I think this might be my problem. I will hopefully pull them out tomorrow and see if they are stuffed.

For anyone interested the wheels are 20x10 -0 with a 5mm spacer so effectively -5 front and 20x11.5 -0 rear. Not sure what the camber settings are or if there is much adjustment in them. Need to bring them in a little bit to avoid some scrubbing on bumps.

Also which interior bulbs/LED's did you replace? Any pics?

Hey, so this is ours. A 70th Anniversary edition.

Be interested to see what people think of the stripe down the side. Have had some mixed feedback about it...

Krystle.

Personally not a fan of the strip, I like the black roof!

Also which interior bulbs/LED's did you replace? Any pics?

Yeh sounds like you have a short somewhere in the wiring. Replaced the Parking lights, Interior -headlining and door lights, boot and number plates also.

Just need to buy the clear indicator lense now. (had the car 4&1/2 years and just woke up to it now ! lol)

Anyone recommend somewhere in Sydney that sell them ??

I will post some pics when I do these.

Had a mess around today and it looks like it is just the RHS low beam bulb which has blown. It does not actually look blown but after connecting it to a battery I am still getting no light.

Will going to a "whiter" light give a bit better vision? How it is now I can't really see all that good on low beam..

Right now they are more blue than anything.

The lights are after market but not sure exactly what. Pic attached.

post-92106-0-78091000-1334214483_thumb.jpg

Also I seem to be getting a "tick" noise when taking off and sometimes when changing gears. Sounds like it is coming from the rear brakes?

It's the rear axle bearing.. Very common problem with v35 Skylines.. It's nothing major.. Just an annoying sound

Edited by Megahowler