SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Bonnets Defect or not ?

Hiroshima Screamer

factory bonnets have a crease in them (about half way up the bonnet) so that they fold in an accident. F/Glass and C/Fibre bonnets splinter and smash in an accident and can do more damage than the actual crash.. thats why they are illegal.

Christian

i have a fibreglass bonnet and have to go get my car inspected....i was told from the inspector it has to be "as structurally sound as a factory bonnett" i asked wat the hell does that mean..he just said it has to be the same strength....get an engineers report...but also said if it has the rails underneath just like the factory one it should be ok...but im just gonna put a friends bonnet on just for the inspection....wish me luk its next week...my car has been put to stock

Originally posted by ricknismo

Is it funny when you try to find legality for ages get positive answers so you buy the thing and then get bad answers

tell me about it , i should of asked before i sold my bonnet :D , uh well i think im just going to find myself anouther alloy one and chuck on bonnet moulds, are they legal:confused:

Originally posted by vendetta

i have a fibreglass bonnet and have to go get my car inspected....i was told from the inspector it has to be "as structurally sound as a factory bonnett" i asked wat the hell does that mean..he just said it has to be the same strength....get an engineers report...but also said if it has the rails underneath just like the factory one it should be ok...but im just gonna put a friends bonnet on just for the inspection....wish me luk its next week...my car has been put to stock

may the force be with you :D