SAU Community

R33 Hot Air Coming Out

Damo_c

Hey all, my r33 gtst has hot air coming out at the feet constently thru the air vent. I also have a ticking sound that goes for about 5 seconds then stops from somewhere inside or near the aircon/heater in the dash when i change the positions on the climate control. My a/c dont work cos the belt broke a while ago so i cant use that to even it out, and i think it may need a new comp. It comes out pretty warm to, i can put up with it in the mornings a 5am going to work but not on the way home, i must have the windows down to let cool air in. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it. The ticking sound sounds like its plastic like the old days when you would put the plastic on ya spokes of ya rim to make the sound oon ya bike. Ive been told it could be solinoid but its not that type of ticking.

Please help me someone or give me advice anything will do at the moment

Mine does this too! Not sure about the ticking though but I get the hot air..

Seemed to start after a day at the drags, but not sure if that's just when I first noticed it.

the ticking noise is the adjustment cog in the aircon,when you change the vent settings it moves to change the flaps and what happends is some of the teeth get striped off the wheel over time and then it just skips around in the same spot until it realises its not getting anywhere then stopes.

have ether of you had your dash out latly? there is a tube that goes to a small vent in the dash that has a small sensor it it,it uses this to work out how hot or cold it is in the cabin and then regulates the temp.if this is not connected it just defaults to max settings so you will only ether get full hot or full cold no matter how much you muck around with the temperature settings.

Jack

the hot air comes out from the feet always. press the button on your dash that looks like an arrow and your hot air will stop coming in... as for the clicking the cog inside the dash that adjusts it all has worn out and slips making a clicking noise.

Yeah ive had the dash out before but didnt notice it till a bit after i had done it, i might rip it out and have a look if the sensor is connected properly. The teeth slipping sounds about it, bugger it, how do i fix that, where is the best place to take the car to get that fixed up even, any1 know?

I get the air at my feet all the time too in my R33, It's always what ever temp I had it set on when the Climate control was on, so I was was running it on 18 with AC it would come out cold when I turn the climate control off, if I had it on heat 32, it would be hot when I turn it off.

I get the clicking noise to when I turn on the ignition and when I change the blower positions on the Climate control, fcking annoying lol

Take it to an auto electrician to have a look,

From what i understand of the stripped cog scenario, it is possible to just replace that part but the cost is up there, whereas replacing the whole thing is up there too either way the whole dash has to come out just to get to it.

mine hasnt f**ked up yet... knock on wood. the part itsself costs nothing its the labour to get to it and replace it. if youve removed the dash before its something you can do. as i said with the hot air coming from your feet thats normal. just set it to recirculate air and it will shut the vents.

Yeah ive had the dash out but damn wasnt it a pain in the arse, i ended up cracking the bloody thing an i look at it every time i jump in for a drive, its a small crack but i know its there! It must be a skyline thing, i may have a go at giving it a fix myself before summer comes round and also gotta get the a/c fixed by then. Why would they be made for hot air to constantly come out, it seems bloody strange to me