SHE SOUNDS DELISH!!! :(

yeh thats all... bye

PS: Cookm, nice car & nice mods :) wanna swap engines? LOL

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cookm

I recently installed a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox it's an alternative to a cold airbox / pod filter, am very impressed with performance increase.  It creates a cyclone suction increasing air pressure, 10-18 bhp increase, they don't come cheap though, looks very sexy though in the engine bay.  

could you take some photos of your engine bay for us please.

ive never heard of the CDA, but it looks interesting, and would be a nice change from the damn old pod filter. It is on the pricey side, but if the power gain is genuine then i think it is worthwhile.

have you got any dyno readouts of before and after?

I bought a digital camera today, took some photo's, been sick of borrowing all the time. Did not dyno before / after sorry, am going to try and get Friday off to dyno and install extractor .

CDA makes a cool metallic suction sound in metal intake pipe, very cool.

Cookm,

I'm keen to get one of those filters, but the sites don't seem to have specific kits for Skylines. Which model did you buy?

Just ask for the latest model, the cool thing is 1 model fits all, it just plugged into my air intake, no major mod required which is all good. I first saw the CDA advertised in the NZ performance magazine 0800 retro4u , my one cost about $1100 fitted.

Ignore the disclaimers on the offical BMC website not recommending for road use, I emailed the marketting manager at BMC in italy, they have the disclaimer on their website to cover their buts for being sued by certain countrys that modifcations are illegal.

p.s. I get 20-30 km extra on a tank of gas as long as I don't plant my boot :D

Supplier rang me Monday morning, Coby chromed extractors just arrived, they told me installation could happen today, am currently driving the work car, perfect time to get my baby worked on, could not get time off too dyno before installing extractors, couldn't wait till weekend to dyno, sorry. Planning to dyno this weekend.

Supplier installed extractor and a big resonator at the same time. I took it for a drive tonight, am stoked with the results, performance increase is awesome, sound is perfect and delish :D No drone in the cabin at 100-110 which I was getting before mod.

Dude, they are stock standard Coby extractors designed for a skyline RB25DE, wicked, no mods required. Only found 1 website with specs, website nolonger working, copied data below, even attached a piccy.

1986-98 Nissan Skyline RB20 2000cc SOHC. 1 1/2" Primary 1 5/8" Secondary D6 234.82

1989-98 Nissan Skyline R32, R33 - RB20, RB25 DOHC. 1 1/2" Primary 1 3/4" Secondary 2" Outlet D12 279.45

Got extractors for $300, chromed for $100, they put in a massive coby resonator for $80 as well, my cars quieter after the mod, labour+misc bits $120, excellent investment, looks good too.

I've got the same extractors on my 32. The main thing I noticed was the increase in torque going through 3000 RPM, when before things were pretty quiet untill 4500 RPM.

Talk to Advanced Imports in Sydney if you're after them Greg, as they can get them through their Auckland store. I bought mine when I was in New Zealand for $280 kiwi.

Originally posted by nismoman18

when u say stock standard do u mean that its the same as the factory one

It's not stock standard like a factory one, quiet the opposite :D

Big shiny pipes, very nice. I meant that it just bolts on.

Photo's hard to take of extractor, lots of stuff in the way damn it, will have another crack at it tomorrow night, have a meeting with a dyno Thu night after work.