SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

Let's make this the ultimate resource for naturally aspirated information. Discuss NA specific stuff such as exhaust....and generally how best to make more power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

First topic: NO2

It's hard to get decent power gains from the RB25DE without spending big bucks. As much as it makes me sound like "rice", I figure NO2 is probaby to cheapest way to cut my quarter mile time. I'm thinking of running a 50-70hp shot. Has anyone else looked into or done this?

Thanks guys!

Greg

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boxhead

Sub zero told me to use NO2 aswell, they rekon a 100HP shot, holding it for the 1/4 will give me a flat 13...

there is no doubt about it, its the best price per gain ratio...

but still a) its illegal, and B) it can wreck yoru engine...

umm.. the things that come to mind for n/a cars(i have one).. are: extractors..

cold air induction....

if you keep you wheels smaller it will have a better gearing ratio or some crap.. and lighter...

lighten the weight of the car, ( or as stated in wasteland, ourselves)

if you have some money behind you, then you can look at stroking you engine to a higher capacity..

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

What is the stock RB25 N/A Power output?

cheers

Joe

i got 96rwkw on the dyno but my car hasnt had like an oil change or the timing done since i got it (gonna service and tune soon hopefully)

i dont really know anything about 1/4 mile stuff and NO2

im not really in the running to make my car super fast

i want to make it faster but i wanna keep it to track (i can most probebly outperform someone on a turn with my leet hax0r shocks hehe)

if you use no2 properly it shouldnt root your engine.

things that i have done that improve acceleration:

Extractors and full exhaust system

Gutting cat (bad idea though, highly illegal)

Advance the timing so far that it will ping on anything less that 98 octane :D

Give the intake air the simplest route to the throttle body

Strip weight

Take radiator fan off and replace with thremo fan

Remove a/c belt (and system:see strip weight)

Many people have said the rb25de is not great for powering up, but i have been building the ultimate non turbo rb in my head.

RB30 block with 11:1 pistons

RB25DE R32 Head/ecu etc : Ported, dowelled intake/exhaust manifolds, cams, adj cam gears, lightened rods/crank, lightened flywheel plus all above mods, dyno tuned. FAT midrange (for what it is) great engine for drift and punching out of corners.

N/A you need cubes, thats all there is to it.

the thing on my list would be cold air intake. extractors (a good jap brand) the cams then if you get serious pull the head off and port and polish it. play with a cam gear as you can only use 1 on the exhaust. then consider an ecu remapp from a jap tuning house,(1k or so). I have heard of 128 rwkw out of an N/A rb25.

the next and biggest step in an rb25/30 N/A I have spoken to 2 peopleabout this and they do make good power. its expensive though.

N/A is not all bad

meggala

Guest SVD001

All of the above and try multiple throttle bodies. Can't get a much tougher look than six big fat trumpets hangin off the side of your engine. Great amounts of torque, bulk rev,s huge noise, if you don't have an airbox, and the crisppest throttle response you've ever had. Trust me it's the way to go. Done it on my old car..:burnout:

finally a place for us NA boys can swap info....

i tried to start one in the SDU site but no1 seem to interested in the NA

hmmmmm...... Nos huh!?!?... interesting concept, any1 got info on how much that'll cost to setup???

i dunno the exact specs of my car but ive got one of those g-tech type things in the car and it also measures the 0-400m time as well as trip meter, digital speedo(mph/kph).....anyways, im constantly getting low 15sec - mid 15sec passes, does that sound right??

any other ideas on how to get the grunt outta the na RB25 without whacking on the turbo or super charger????

Not about performance, but there is a maroon NA r33 in Perigian that floggs the pants off my r33gtst. When I raced him he was carrying 3 large guys in the car, I was empty.

At every set of lights we came to, he absolutely left me for dead. When we pulled over at the servo, he then told me it was NA. I couldn't believe it. He opened the bonnet and sure enough it was NA. I asked him what was done to it and he said he didn't know, as it was like this when he imported it.

After that we cruised up to Noosa, one the way he decided to race a stroked 308. Well I was sitting on 190, and they both disappeared into the distance. I didn't meet up with him again after that, so I don't know what speeds they were doing, but would have to be well in excess of 240/250km/h.

Well to be honest I would love to see some really tough NA's getting around - even more pie in the face when you beat commodores at the light :D

my friend went to the drags .... he's ok driver ... he can beat up wrxs and rx7s....he has an R33 GTS25t ser1 with gtr kit and usual zorst and filter upgrades, any ways lines up against another R33 (not knowing its NA) it beats him about 1car length!!.... we couldnt believe it!! the engine bay looked stockies!! :D

Guest Boxhead

you guys think you have it tough in a rb25de... ...

i have a damn rb20de...

you get .5 of a litre on me!!! bastard guys you!:lol: :lol: