SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

Guest Boxhead

doxx - dont worry im sure most of us are thinking the same thing, its just i am waiting for finances to permit :)

and i was thinking, for brake upgrade, would it be good to get a set of gtr calipers, and possibly some 180sx, or s13 silvia, high performance brakes(like almost custom, not stock... but order em as s13 parts )

what you think??? saves the bloody change to 5 stud, which personally i cant be bothered, coz then would need new wheels..

i know i want some, but that way i dont NEED them...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nismogtsx

Get ya hands on a copy of HPI vol 5.... (the movie i mean)

The one with the big WRX vx EVO on the front cover...

This new video shows an "NA R32" and an "NA R31 GTS-R"

Both machine are only 10 seconds behind the brand new Mines R34 GTR and the GTR was rated as being too fast..... Check it out...

Guest nismogtsx

Sorry my mistake its not HPI vol 5..

Here the cover... Its an awsome import video...

The tuner in-line 6 shootout is a must see event...

"Its a tribute to the production of the 6 cylinder performance cars of our times... As you all know they are going out of production this year...

This is very upsetting to a die hard nissan fat such as myself...

just thought that i'd share with all u n/a boys n gals who are planning on putting an exhaust on. go with 2 & 1/4" piping and a straight thru muffler. yes, it does sound small but believe me, i have put a 2.5" exhaust on and the f*cker drones, partly due to the straight thru muffler, but i also notice a drop in bottom end performance.

all up i've wasted over 500bux with the exhaust and i'm not happy with it. lesson learnt there, save up the money and use it to get a turbo!

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by _turtle_

but believe me, i have put a 2.5" exhaust on and the f*cker drones,

dont i f*cking know it....

ohwell i guess that means i have a medium exhuast ready for the turbo engine, i mean, it cant be worse then stock can it...

haha, thats rite, u got the big ass exhaust on the na car as well. does ur one only drone around 2000-3000 rpm wen u drive at a constant speed? eg. going 60k's in 4th gear, or 100k's in 5th gear, but if i held 4th gear and went at 100k's in 4th then its not too bad.

i'm actually planning on putting the stock muffler back on! yup, after all that money and heart ache, i'm planning on doing that. only problem is that it won't fit straight on so i think they mite have to redo some of the piping at the back which will cost more money! money which i don't have atm :)

Guest Boxhead

nah i will put a silencer on, that way as i mentioned before, i could use the cat back for turbo engine, i mean it would be better then stock till i could afford a cat back mandrel bent system

sorry for being a noob

but ive considered getting a non turbo now cos of all these complications in gettin a turbo skyline

anyways

what is the kws for th r33 gts and r32 gts?

and what is the most effective mods too boost this kw up

oh what is the weight of both the models,

hey boxhead, no more drone noise for me!!!! i am so relieved, it was pissing me off badly, i didn't even want to drive the car. i took it back to this exhaust place, and they changed the resonator for me, coz the boss that did it the first time was just a temp from another store and he does mostly tuning and stuff for cars so he didnt know what he was doing.

now i've got on a oval shaped one, and it sounds pretty good, only drones a bit but its very bearable :)

i'm very happy with the current system now.

btw, daalder exhaust in boxhill did it for me. very pleased with their work & service. all the other places wanted me to remove my current exhaust and they'll make another one for me.

haha turtle i've had my 2 1/2" zorst with big bore on since i got the car and it is hella droning but i grew used to it straight away considering that i am partially deaf from playing music next to speakers etc

chopobo dont worry the n/a will make u happy u'll love it even if it isnt a turbo. r33 is heavier than r32 dunno how much though

untuned and way off timing my car did 96rwkw i reckon maybe 100 now after a tune? i didnt bother re dynoing it coz eh didnt care lol dunno about r32 n/a though, i wonder if funkeh monkeh dynod his car?

things u can do

cold air intake

pod

extractors

spark plugs

and all the expensive internal work :)

when i get my gtst half cut im not gonna sell my n/a engine i'll keep it and build it up slowly when i have the money, things like 9:1 pistons, new cams, 3ltr bottom end etc

Originally posted by _turtle_

does ur one only drone around 2000-3000 rpm wen u drive at a constant speed?  eg.  going 60k's in 4th gear, or 100k's in 5th gear, but if i held 4th gear and went at 100k's in 4th then its not too bad.  

yep i love it especially when it does the tradition trademark backfire bark that sounds leet! hahaha

yeah, i kinda got use to the drone as well, which makes my current exhaust sound so peaceful, but to others may think that its still sound loud :)

it use to pop as well, doesnt do it as much anymore since i changed it. gotta admit i did like that sound.

i was scared that the cops would pull me over and wack me with a fine! doxximus u haven't had any trouble with the cops from the noise?

good luck with the turbo conversion, where will u b getting it done? i've been thinking about doing that as well, but i've decided to sell and buy a turbo.

damn, ur lucky u doing all the stuff at ur house, else labour would cost heaps.

chopobo, the power at the flywheel for r33 gts is around 142 or 147kw. weighs around 1300kgs. the only things i would do to an na would be the things that doxximus listed. filter, exhaust etc. other work such as doing the cams etc wouldn't be worth it, u would have to spend some money for little gains.