SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boxhead

nah turtle, there are some r33 n/a with rb20de..

which basically means, put about 100kgs of stuff in your boot, then drag him to make it fair !

yeah it is a 2.0 beleive it or not!!! i no it aint going to be FAST but just wondering what it can do etc..... i only got this car caue it was cheap through a friend, and i wanted to get used to the 'type' of car etc.. beore i bring in a turbo at a later stage

well you got 500cc over me... but I got less weight (well if i take the amp n subs out). I also got mandrel bent extractors and 2.5" exhaust all the way (my only claim to mods), front n rear struts, and apparently aftermarket shocks... so it should be good. My tyres are wierd, they're goodyear f1's which i swear I will never use in my life again... they slide for any reason. Luckily I got LSD n stuff.

I guess this means its on... next drags we have... we shall race to see who takes home the "consolation prize for n/a drivers" trophy. :)

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by funkymonkey

well you got 500cc over me... but I got less weight (well if i take the amp n subs out). I also got mandrel bent extractors and 2.5" exhaust all the way (my only claim to mods), front n rear struts, and apparently aftermarket shocks... so it should be good. My tyres are wierd, they're goodyear f1's which i swear I will never use in my life again... they slide for any reason. Luckily I got LSD n stuff.

I guess this means its on... next drags we have... we shall race to see who takes home the "consolation prize for n/a drivers" trophy. :)

you have eagle f1s???

hrrrrmmm thats very interesting, thats what was on my car... both times... i wonder if they have anything to do with it...

im getting an s-afc for when i get the engine put in....should i put it on my car while its n/a and see how much gain there is? just as a reference for u guys?

if its not to much trouble i might do it and get it dyno'd :(

Originally posted by doxximus

im getting an s-afc for when i get the engine put in....should i put it on my car while its n/a and see how much gain there is? just as a reference for u guys?

if its not to much trouble i might do it and get it dyno'd :(

YES!!!! that would be awesome if u could do that :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread, good to see something for us NA boys!!

FunkyMonkey, you are not alone! ive also got the RB20DE in my R32!

regarding the RB30 conversion, a bloke here in canberra is currently doing one with a NICS RB20 head and a GTR twon turbo zorhst manifold, the only problems so far that he has come across is the mounting points for the exhaust manifold dont quite line up as in the tabs on the manifold are in the completely wrong places, nothing that a couple of hours with a welder wont fix!

also with the RB30, the standard head uses a 2 valve per cylinder system while the actual original pistons have allowances for 4 per cylinder (if u get what i mean confused myself with that one!) and where the timing belt tensioner goes, there is a blocked off section of the engine that just requires to be drilled out and a thread tapped into it

almost makes the conversion sound easy!

hehehe yeah conversions always seem so simple

btw, i MIGHT be selling my old rb25de and gearbox ecu and loom after i put the rb25deT in :P

it got me 96rwkw UNTUNED (timing was well off so it should make around 100 maybe more and thats not that far off the r32 gtst's stock power :D

so yes, i will work out what im doing then advertise here first before advertising out to the public (if i decide to sell)

Originally posted by SupaFly Skyline

Just saw this thread, good to see something for us NA boys!!

FunkyMonkey, you are not alone! ive also got the RB20DE in my R32!

I jus got a valuation for my car done... currently its valued at more than an R32 GTSt hehehe reason being that its no longer available for import and R32 compliance plates are rarer than hen's teeth :P

So I think I might keep my "beast" in stock form till I decide to get a better car (betcha I end up with an R32 GTR). I might jus concentrate on the interior (leather upholstery n AV n stuff). Not like I get to go fast these days anyways...

I'm def gettin old... goin fast no longer appeals to me, I like doin the corners and puttin the handling of the car to its limits better.

Guest bucket1

Funkeymonkey am I to believe that you've got some aftermarket extractors on your beast? Did you fit them and if so where did you get 'em. My standard system is about kapoot and I've gotta start looking around, thought I may as well go for the lot. By the way, just thought I'd let you know I recently drove from Tassie to Sunshine Coast and back, not one stone chip.

lol juniorrrrrr (u can change what it says btw)

anyways, yeah i got aftermarket Jasma stainless steel extractors on mine, it came attached to a whole 2.5" mild steel exhaust (all mandrel bent)... but the mild steel went kapoot, and my compliancer put a very restrictive cat in the system creating a bottleneck, so I got rid of it n put a hi flo 2.5" cat and redid the whole exhaust in stainless steel n mated it to the extractors.

All up the extractors were free and the cat back exhaust cost me $900 (with labour... whole job was done in 4 hours).

hey funky......

i made that trip to sydney we were talking about a while ago...

i did get a few stone chips from different things...i was amazed with the amount of skylines and just general imports around the liverpool/enfild/bankstown area where i was staying.....

going to bed, i still tired from leaving melb fri morn, then leaving syd sun morn hehehe

cheers

lol u'r smack bang in the heart of leb/import car city lol...

you'll have plenty of street drags in that area :D and you'll see a lot of done up excels and gemini's too... be careful of them... if you see em juscut em off... they dun deserve to be on the road... don't worry about ettiquette, everybody else in sydney hates em too...

oh and all syd drivers will think you can't drive, so jus run em off the road too...