SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

Originally posted by neoGT-25

i can get a really decent HKS exaust system to suite a N/A SKYLINE for about $2,500... he said my car should be making about 25 - 30 hp more than it is now with it... is this true and has anyone got any information about this exaust?

He also said that a place in Sydney called BD4's get them in... is this a good place?

reliable, cheap, honest and all?

I am getting my HKS super drager from BD4s. I am only paying $1500 so if they are trying to make you pay $2500 they are ripping you off. See my earlier post about this exhaust for pipe sizing etc. BD4's seemed honest enough and I didn't have a problem with placing a 50% deposit.

If you want to order a lot of stufff like your Power FC and others it might be worth placing an order through www.takakaira.com or www.perfectrun.com.au because it will probably end up cheaper.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neoGT-25

Mad, thanks :D

nah aparently its more than just the muffler... like its a full exaust system... when you get yours can you please tell me if its very loud and if it gives you a decent power increse?

thanks again... byes :burnout:

btw is this the muffler?

i can get a really decent HKS exaust system to suite a N/A SKYLINE for about $2,500

neoGT, in my opinion there would be minimal power difference between this 2,500 dollar system and a custom made one locally. spending 2,500 on a na system is just not worth it. u can get a 2.5" hi flow cat followed by a 2.5" exhaust for $500. save the other 2000 and spend that on a turbo upgrade, then u will see big gains. either that or buy a 2nd hand hks catback for roughly 500.

Guest neoGT-25

i would but i cant buy turbo untill im atleast 25 because insurance is alredy costing me $4000 and thats with out the stereo

but i really dont know what to do with it... :D

extractors? - i was thinking about getting TRUST ones, are they good? if so, how much more power would i gain from them? and are they expensive?

_turtle_ I don't know to be truthfull... my dad wont let it be dyno run ;)

i really dont know how much the NEO RB25DE makes but mines probely more with the pod filter, don't know... sorry im car dumb

byes :burnout:

neoGT-25,

Yep no worries i'll tell you all about the noise when i get it (4 weeks and counting). I won't bother to dyno it so any power increase I won;t really be able to tell you about. I'm not expecting much, if any power gain - you aren't going to gain much power from the RB25DE unless you turbo it!

Yeah that pic you posted is the same type of muffler.

What I'm getting is a cat back sytem, so the full exhaust system you were quoted on would presumably include a new cat and a front pipe? Extractors a fu:D You would probably be smarter just to get one custom made locally, and buy a second hand super drager muffler to weld up to it.

Are you parents paying for these mods or something, if not how can they stop you from dynoing your car???!

$4000 for insurance! Sounds expensive initially, but that is actually pretty good given that you're driving an R34. The best quote I got for my R33 was $4700 and that was with no mods.

Your engine makes the same power as the R33, but 25Nm more torque:

Max power 147kW @ 6000rpm

Max torque 255Nm @ 4000rpm

I doubt a pod filter would have increased power much, but I'm sure it makes a cool noise!

Cheers and sorry for the long post!

Greg

Guest Boxhead

hrrrm, you bought from brissy street machines.. hhrmm alot of not good stories about there.. anyway,

i beleive your talking about a cat back system.. i have spoken to people about this also, with na car you will not notice much between name brand mandrel bent and your local muffler joints job..

cept for the price...

with insurance .. im not sure but i think someone has said thats suncorp metway dont distinguish between turbo and non turbo imports... so if its import y ou pay $$ no matter if its turbo or not...

back to turtle - your looking for a job, dont worry so am i.. i have none, thats why ill be prolly gettin stock gts4, then modding it later...

greg are u paying $4700 for insurance? i got quoted $2,500 and i thought that was expensive. i have no rating either. suncorp won't insure u for comprehensive if u don't have a rating and ur too young. but they will do 3rd party. only costs around $200 from their online quote.

neoGT have u put in a CAI and heatshield for the pod? that makes a bit of difference. get 2nd hand extractors, i think they're around $300. get a hiflow cat and new exhaust and dats it. i hear people talk about advancing the timing, i'm not too sure how to do this on the skyline. do i still use the timing gun??

boxhead, i'm in the wrong industry atm, IT jobs are pretty scarce and its very competitive. so i might have to do some factory or something else in the mean time.

I'm just paying third party property (not fire and theft) which is costing me $368 throgh just cars. $4700 is ridiculous because its a 1/3 of the cars value! I might try suncorp, what's their number?

Originally posted by _turtle_

greg are u paying $4700 for insurance?  i got quoted $2,500 and i thought that was expensive.  i have no rating either.  suncorp won't insure u for comprehensive if u don't have a rating and ur too young.  but they will do 3rd party.  only costs around $200 from their online quote.

Guest Boxhead

well i paid $800 a yr for my car through mums name, but since in 3 montsh i have made 2 claims, one pretty big, and the other is car ritten off) i am interested on what the quote will be next yr..

if it comes to it being heaps, i will set up a bank account invester thing, where every so often it takes money form yoru account, and after a while you will build up enough for the cars worth :)

my thoughts are for n/a car mods like zorsts and extractors u get them made locally for a 3rd of the price, as turtle said before its not really worth spending big money on it, as the end result wont make u happy for to long

i think any big exhaust and big muffler will be loud on an n/a hehehe

yeah broken exhaust sound loud as

haha

but it is dangerous cos u can suffer monoxide poisoning

so thats a no no

do you guys insure your car stock

or do u include all the mods

and do these mods affect the quote

cos im afraid mods would make the quote go boom

i once was using the quote system on the just cars website and some how ended up with a 12k comprehensive for a r33 gts-t

my exact words were

"what the F**k!!!"

i was going to perform a mod to my colt by sticking a screw driver in the muffler to make a hole........

anyway, ****en hell how expensive is that! lol

i think i will be owned once i put the new engine in...or i might just insure as gtst?

i think either way with insurance you might be screwed. if you insure as a gtst they will probably find some way of making any claim void. i would just be honest with them and tell them what you have done.

either way good luck with the conversion and keep us all updated on how it goes so we can one day follow in your footsteps... lol ;)

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by _turtle_

greg heres the website.

suncorp  

hey boxhead, did the insurance still pay u out under ur mums name?  i think $800 is decent.

yup... they cover anyone driving her car, you just have to pay diff excesses.. like, my excess is $2800 ....

which is 1grand excess and the rest age excess...