SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

boxhead, $800 is still very cheap i think. just cars etc still makes u pay under age excess etc, so thats why i didn't go with them. i mean, whats the chances that u cause a accident eh? hehe.

anyways, i wasted more money today :( the tone of my exhaust had changed (much louder) so i figured there must b a leak so i took it to muffler place, and sure enough, the cat was no good. ended up putting in a 2.5" hi flow cat, boy oh boy i better get a job before my credit card bill comes in.

exhaust is slightly louder now, use to have a standard 2" cat.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ey ninja_turtle_ dude... when u say 2.5" hi flow cat did you have a hi flow cat put on a 2.5" exhaust or did you put a 2.5" cat on a smaller exhaust? coz I have a 2.5" exhaust and need a slightly larger cat was wonderin how much it'll cost me, coz I'm gettin soot on the back of the car.

PS: I knew drivin to syd without a car bra was trouble... I got chips and cracks galore on my front bumper... oh well.

I officially have the slowest car on these forums now that dox has defected and box fubar'd his car. Wooo hooo yippy yaye cayote :shake:

funkymonkey the stone chips are the worst! had that on my old car all over the bonnet, wen u polish it u can see the white dots everywhere hehe.

anyways, how do u know u have the slowest car on these forums?? theres a couple of na guys here, including me, and u got extractors as well :cool:

anyways, i had the hi-flow 2.5" cat put onto a 2.5" exhaust. it cost me $250! not a bad price, i got some trade discount. normally its $330 i think, plus fitting and shiat. 250 included fitting. it was way larger than my old cat. if u want i can meet u there and bargain the boss for u. i'm a bargain hunter :)

have u also got a pod filter on? i'm planning to put a k&n pod back on since i have an exhaust and see if theres much difference. atm i have a blitz panel filter in.

the wierdest sh!t jus hapened... I am now the owner of a hi flow 2.5" cat and basically all the piping from my cat onwards is now stainless steel, and is now finished off with a magnaflow muffler.

Its much quieter than before and I get more oomph out of the car,revs pretty sweetly now too.

All up it cost me $900 including installation. I keep thinkin I got ripped off.

I got... 2.5" hi flow cat, straight pipe to resonator (blackbox or sum brand), 30degree mandrel bent pipe to muffler, and a magnaflow muffler. How much do you reckon I shoulda paid for it?

LoL I din even expect to get it... but I got it now... I also have $58 left in my bank account!

shiat funkymonkey, ur a bit poor like me, i have 28c in the bank. i wacked it on credit.

sorry dude, but i think u got ripped off a lil bit. did u get 2.5" piping or 2 & 1/4" piping? also, is urs one of those oval shaped straight thru magnaflow muffler at the back?

they place where i took my car to, could've done a deal for u for around 500-600bux with hi-flow cat. coz i asked them what if i wanted a new system etc.

dandy exhaust quoted me 500bux for catback with teh magnaflow muffler. where did u take it?

Guest Boxhead

you guys have money in yo bank account :P

your lucky, im in debt, i owe em like $20 for keepin account open whilst havin no money! damn communist bastards!

it was sort of a necessary thing, coz I needed it done overnight (for EPA) and Tuffy mufflers in syd (down the road from my syd place) did it in 4 hours for $900. Its the oval shaped one in the end. I must admit, this new exhaust is pretty damn good, my fuel consumption's dropped about 25% too!

Yeah I think I was a bit ripped off, but anyways... at least I din have to pay the EPA fine for having a cat that was broken n stuff... stupid eeediots made me come back the next day for a test lol.

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Originally posted by funkymonkey

......this new exhaust is pretty damn good, my fuel consumption's dropped about 25% too!

so do good exhaust systems improve fuel economy?

put it this way... to drive to syd (with old exhaust, broken standard non hi-flow cat, fubar'd muffler n resonator) took about $90 of petrol, to drive back (brand spanking new 2.5" stainless steel exhaust) took about $65 (given the price fluctuated by about 5c, that's about a $5 error margin)

Which means I still saved about $20 (or about 200kms extra, coz my engines rated at 10km/ltr)

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by _turtle_

boxhead, i told them that i was a student so i don't get charged any fees :D

only works if you full time.. and my bank asks for proof.. my mate did it, (he is full time tho) so he just gave em proof...

ye they did, they jus put sum shithouse 1" cat whcih completely restricted ANY airflow in the 2.5" system lol I din even notice until they took it off n told me that it was restrictive as... my car feels MUCH more responsive now... probably not $900 more responsive tho.

I recon mods should be charged in direct relation to how much improvement it makes lol... this exhaust feels a bit like a $750 effort :D

hey funkey, i am having to drive up to sydney on the 20th december, and not having drivin from melb to syd b4 i was wondering how long it took you, im in the SE subs...and i am talking 'pretty much' speed limits here not going over to much hehehe

and i wouldnt go round saying your the slowest on the forum, remembering i have a r33 gts n/a AUTO!!! no mods except i have a gtr rear spoiler lmao

it takes about 9 hours if you sticck to speed limits. That includes about 45 mins of stoppage time to refil ya petrol tank and ya stomach.

NEVER drive behind or next to a truck... you won't notice until you've stopped that your front bar and bonnet have been chipped and peppered with stones.

If possible drive during the day, coz everytime I've driven at night, I've hit an animal or a tyre that's come loose or even the bumper grille off a semi trailer (the huge chrome ones). Luckily i've never hit anything in the 'line or the 180, jus my dad's camry :D

On the way there I stopped in Albury/Wodonga (mad chicks in that area for sum reason) and then again in Yass.

On the way back I stopped in Gundagai once, and in Albury/Wodonga again (and dragged a "Type R" integra while I was there, I wanted to see if a good 4k RPM launch felt any better with the new zorst, killed the fake badge driver too).

Yeah jus watch out for debris, and very fast Police Commodore GTO's with 1km lidars. They come from nowhere n book u for speeding.

Truckies don't drive during the day much, or on weekends. However during these times the cops are out in full force. Oh and if you leave on thursday its good coz petrol prices are lowest in melb on thursdays. In NSW its on tuesdays that its cheapest.

And make sure u stop at the Dog on the Tuckerbox at least once, its worth it.

geeez thanks for all the info monkehhh.....

shall take some of your advise......what times did you get at calder on sunday actually, casue am thinking about taking my car for a run, but dont want to embarase myself hehehe..only diff between you and me is

me: 1994 r33 auto

you:1993 r32 ???? both of us are 2.0L n/a