SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys and gals,

just wondering if any of the NA crew are using a non-stock ecu or anything like the Apexi S-AFC and if they have noticed any worthwhile gains. What options do we have in the electronics department?

Checked out my ecu a while back and it was standard... bastard owner back in japan put wheels, suspension, exhaust, air filter and some schmick tyres on the car but was too tight to put a new ecu in :lol:

Would an ecu upgrade/supplement only be worthwhile if you have done serious mods to the car or is there a possibility for a few extra kws at the wheels even with only light mods? (we all know that's what we want)

evo

Originally posted by evogts

hey guys and gals,  

just wondering if any of the NA crew are using a non-stock ecu or anything like the Apexi S-AFC and if they have noticed any worthwhile gains. What options do we have in the electronics department?

Checked out my ecu a while back and it was standard... bastard owner back in japan put wheels, suspension, exhaust, air filter and some schmick tyres on the car but was too tight to put a new ecu in :lol:  

Would an ecu upgrade/supplement only be worthwhile if you have done serious mods to the car or is there a possibility for a few extra kws at the wheels even with only light mods? (we all know that's what we want)

evo

yeah like what he said!! :uh-huh:

i've seen the apexi safc in a lot of na cars. remi from sdu had one on his old na r33 and said it made a fair bit of difference. i heard he's na could keep up with some of the gts-T!! for around 450bux, i think its not too bad. can always take it back out if u get another car.

erm, i can't really remember what other mods he had. but the owner in japan pretty much did most the stuff. i think mods included (obviously all jap parts):

exhaust

extractors

lightened flywheel

heavy clutch

safc

airfilter

dunno what else, thats all i can remember. u can hop on sdu and ask him. a lot of ppl there said it was a fast na.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

If it's not too troublesome, can you help me in translating this one page from my S-AFC manual? This page comes from a booklet which was does not have the English version. (The ones on US websites does not include this particular booklet).

Much appreciated.

Originally posted by rs73

Hi Greg,

If it's not too troublesome, can you help me in translating this one page from my S-AFC manual? This page comes from a booklet which was does not have the English version. (The ones on US websites does not include this particular booklet).

Much appreciated.

Check your PM

• 3 weeks later...