SAU Community

Naturally Aspirated Thread

Originally posted by SVD001

All of the above and try multiple throttle bodies. Can't get a much tougher look than six big fat trumpets hangin off the side of your engine. Great amounts of torque, bulk rev,s huge noise, if you don't have an airbox, and the crisppest throttle response you've ever had. Trust me it's the way to go. Done it on my old car..:burnout:

I'm definitely interested in multiple throttle bodies provided I can get them cheap! Roughly what are they going for($)? What's this about an airbox? What exactly are the benefits? Do they noticeably or measurably add to performance? Are they legal in VIC?

Originally posted by Boxcar Racer

if you keep you wheels smaller it will have a better gearing ratio or some crap.. and lighter...  

http://www.wheelweights.net/ has some good info regarding wheel weights, both factory and aftermarket rims.

Has anyone actually fitted lightweight, forged rims (ie TE37's or something)?? If so is there a noticable increase in performance? I have put off getting rims for a while now because I'm unsure if it's worth the extra cash to get forged lightweight ones?

Thanks guys,

Greg

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, the most i'd do is:

pod filter with box and CAI

extractors, high flow cat and exhaust

lightened flywheel and clutch

and thats probably it. unless of course you have heaps of cash. i've only done the pod filter and cai, and i'm considering extractors and exhaust. but then on the other hand, i think i'm better off just getting a turbo! turbo's the way to go :D

atm im saving for extractors (hard thing to do when you have no job) then later on change cams or something, then after that save for rb30 bottom end and probebly leave 10:1 compression and not put a turbo on, unless i do want to put turbo then i will change some plans

hey doxximus, where are u planning on getting extractors from? i haven't heard of any place in melbourne which sells them for rb25de, except for Ringwood Exhaust. they custom made some, and i don't think they were that great. so i'm wondering where u can get some jap ones from...

Originally posted by Greg

Has anyone actually fitted lightweight, forged rims (ie TE37's or something)?? If so is there a noticable increase in performance? I have put off getting rims for a while now because I'm unsure if it's worth the extra cash to get forged lightweight ones?

I run Volk racing 17s at the track, and they improve performance out of site. It is much easier to lift them and bolt them on to the hubs :P

Real benefit - can't tell:D

Guest SVD001

Well when I did my EFI set up om my old Datsun it cost about $2500 for the whole lot. That included new Wolf3d, injectors, throttle bodies ( 2x 45mm dcoe style), all linkages and Tps. Never heard an engine yet that put out as much induction noise as my old car. Sounded absolutely awsome!!!!! It's not the cheapest way to go but it all depends on how much you can spend and what you want out of the car...

Guest Boxhead

yes it all comes down to whether you want to spend that money on an n/a, or just keep it going fairly good, and save more money for a turbo.. which is what i will prolly do, once i gte out of the you cant insure turbo age bracket

this is slip, not la la.

greg: the extractors were on the car.

Motavation i believe, with 2.25" all the way to the tip after the 6-2-1 extractors.

no2 - engine makes more power because of it, same as putting a turbo on it. Improper fuelling and excess power through stock components i can see being a problem but i fail to see why it would destroy your engine more than a turbo setup with the same power gain, except the turbo may put more strain on the engine due to its constant power making nature, unlike no2 which is user-controlled.

feel free to tell me im wrong.

I'm thinking of dumping a Toyota SC14 From a Toyota 1G-GZE, 2.0 Litre SuperCharged Engine. $350.00 I thikn it has more to gain from a supercharger than a turbocharger... besides, it'd be sumfin I've never driven b4, a supercharged Jap import. But that's in about a year's time.

Right now I want a GTR style front lip (thing that goes under u're bumper)

hjahahaha yes its all one big lie! my car is really a turbo honest and for true :)

im gonna go past makspeed when im at school one day see if they can get me extractors and other assorted things