SAU Community

Eprom Chips And Programing

MJTru

I'm planing on chipping my own ecu with a eprom chip.

anyone know how i can go about programing the chips, using software also to erase the chips

this way we all can save money providing that we are capable of tuning

please check this link out, all that is needed is a eprom programmer in the link this person build there own programmer for about 35 dollars

link http://www.boostcruising.com/silvia/eprom.asp

if anyone has info on the same process for RB motors please your help would be appreciated

thanks guy's

Around 7 minutes to erase an eeprom under uv light,

tho if you dont have an eraser, leave it outside with the sticker off the window and it may take alot longer depending on the day.

as for burning then eeprom its not all that hard.. but your going to need more than just a blank eeprom to get this working.

Around 7 minutes to erase an eeprom under uv light,

tho if you dont have an eraser, leave it outside with the sticker off the window and it may take alot longer depending on the day.

as for burning then eeprom its not all that hard.. but your going to need more than just a blank eeprom to get this working.

lets say i would like to become a tuner that tune's ecu's. like Honda's some Nissan's and lots of other eprom ecu's, can anyone think of any hardware that would be needed to program these chips. or even the process that i would need to go throw to obtain this goal.

i ask because i own lots of Nissan Silvia's and i can mod 240sx ecu's to use these eprom chip's and then remap them to run my own settings. z32 afm's injector's etc. getting the eprom chips are no problem for most application. the r33 rb25det must use the r32 ecu, and then it must be chipped, the problem that I'm having is programing the chips. thanks for all the help guys, but know that were a little more informed does anyone have any experience in this area.

i'm not too sure when it comes to the cars ecu's but know there is software out there to do this.

it seems like a pretty pain in the ass way to do things, dont you have to remove the eeprom to make adjustments to maps etc??

can you tune "live"??

i only know about eeprom stuff through work, which is not car related. more onto Gaming machines, bill acceptors etc etc.

Edited by Angus Smart

Firstly you'll need a eprom programmer like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Power-Willem-U...1QQcmdZViewItem

An emulator would be good as well. try.

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=169

Then have a look around here

http://ecu2.forumwise.com/

and here

http://eccs.hybridka.com/

PS there are programs that work with an emulator to make tuning easier rather than wading through a mountain of hex. Try searching for liveedit.

i'm not too sure when it comes to the cars ecu's but know there is software out there to do this.

it seems like a pretty pain in the ass way to do things, dont you have to remove the eeprom to make adjustments to maps etc??

can you tune "live"??

i only know about eeprom stuff through work, which is not car related. more onto Gaming machines, bill acceptors etc etc.

I do know that eproms can be mapped quite easily. e mance chips are a prime examples of this, you send them the appropriate ecu

r33 RB25det can't be programed but using a r32 ecu as a substitute will work just fine. you can data log and the remap these chips as much as possible. it's even easer if you start of with a base map and then go from there. most Silvia's use 240sx ecu's. If you just plug in a 240sx ecu into a Silvia's harness it will run but like crap, until you chip the unit and remap the chip with the maps from a stock Silvia ROM chip. after this you can make you upgrades etc. Z32 afm's injectors alter maps almost everything as a standalone unit

just using your lab top.

for example i can use a r32 rb25det ecu on a r33 skyline, chip the unit with a eprom chip now i can program it. This is what e mance

do. if you have a dyno you can run the car make map adjustments of any kind, but the best part of all it's cost less than a standalone

ECU. a hole lot less.

that is why i think we all should look in these eprom chips as a form of making money from people that can't afford a standalone unit. make money guy's, program the Honda's, we know how to tune cars. move rev limits speed limiter for a faction of the price.

so in doing this i think we can all gain the knowledge witch is priceless the money is the bonus

I wouldn't be using a r32 rb25de or rb20det ecu on a r33 even after it has been remapped.

If you give it a go remember that there are wiring changes to be made.

So research, using different nissan ecus on r33 has been done to death so take a look.

I wouldn't be using a r32 rb25de or rb20det ecu on a r33 even after it has been remapped.

If you give it a go remember that there are wiring changes to be made.

So research, using different nissan ecus on r33 has been done to death so take a look.

thanks for the info this will keep me busy for a while

Im pretty sure for the rb25 ecu u need to buy a socket to install on the board then you need an emulator specifically for the CPU you then do your tuning and then you writing it to a new cpu. these cpus can only be written to the one time

Im pretty sure for the rb25 ecu u need to buy a socket to install on the board then you need an emulator specifically for the CPU you then do your tuning and then you writing it to a new cpu. these cpus can only be written to the one time

thats correct

socket adapter soldered onto old original chips spot

new big chip put into adapter

each tune requires a new chip

Ive had my Stagea ecu done by Toshi; R34 outer ecu plug but modified inside with the big chip adapter soldered on

will eventually try this myself :wave:

doing the head soon, last part to pay for are the Tomei poncams, once done could do a chip (or 5) on the dyno, road test, then dyno again. :laugh: