SAU Community

Help required on using my Blitz dual SBC

RNS11Z

Hey guys. I need some help on using this boost controller. I know some of the basic funtions such as scrolling from stage 1-4, peak boost, and boosting it up on each stage (eg set 30-40). now when i hold the left button when its one of the stages it goes to these other numbers. Ive been told if raise the number it would make the turbo spool up earler though on the stage settings i would have to bring the set number down. If any one could help it would be much appreciated. Also what other features are there?

hi mate

i've got a dsbc spec-r too and if you hold down the button, all 4 numbers flash. that's the gain setting. in the instruction, single turbo cars should set that at 20 as a starting point. twin turbos should have it at 5. you are right though, the higher this number is, the quicker it will boost but it will also be prone to spiking before it settles down higher in the rev range. trial and error would be the best way to set your desired boost as all cars are different depending on what mods they have got.

if i were you, i'd set the gain to 20, and set the stages (1-4) with trial and error starting with 15, 20, 25, 30 etc until you get to roughly the boost level you want to run and then use increments of 1 to fine tune it. use the peakhold for each setting if you're unable to safely look at how the car is boosting and driving at the same time (best if you've got a mate with a keen eye and knows a bit about the dsbc spec-r)

other features it has is a warning function which is very good. you can set the warning boost level where it will sound if you go over the preset limit. not only that, it will automatically turn down the boost for you (you need to set this up though) until it reads a negative pressure (when you've taken your foot off the accel)

another feature is the time and boost feature which allows you to run a set amount of boost for a set amount of time. for example, if you've got a bad traction problem, you can set the unit to boost at 0.8bar for 2sec before it climbs to 1.0bar then, you can enjoy full throttle take offs without having to smoke the tyres too badly.

hmmm....i think that's basically it......

Originally posted by poop

another feature is the time and boost feature which allows you to run a set amount of boost for a set amount of time. for example,  if you've got a bad traction problem, you can set the unit to boost at 0.8bar for 2sec before it climbs to 1.0bar then, you can enjoy full throttle take offs without having to smoke the tyres too badly.

how do i do this????

ok...that mode is called the scramble mode.

C is how many seconds you want to overboost or underboost

P is the stage setting.

FOR EXAMPLE ONLY:

say your normal settings are

Gain: 20

Ratio: 40=0.85 bar boost

Ratio: 50=1.0bar boost (say, this is your normal setting)

Ratio: 60=1.2bar boost

if you want to overboost for 3 seconds to 1.2bar:

set C to 3

and P to 10 (what this means is that your normal setting is 50 and the P setting will increase that by 10=60 giving you 1.2bar)

if you want to cut down your boost to 0.85bar for 2 sec:

set C to 2

and P to negative 10 (-10). the end result will be 50 minus 10=40 giving you 0.85bar.

do you understand what i mean?

(example again)

because you have 4 preset boost settings now if your setting is:

1) 30

2) 35

3) 40

4) 50

after setting your scramble to (example C2 P10) and you choose boost level 1 (which is 30) then this means that it will over boost to a ratio of 40 for 2 sec. now on the other hand, if you turn the boost channel to 4 (which is 50) it will overboost to 60 for 2 seconds.

is this explaination better?

from what the instruction implies, yes. it will cut (or raise) by the set amount and will do this everytime it boosts until you take your foot off and hits a negative pressure.

so even if you dont change gears (say you leave it in second) and put your foot down, the first 2 seconds will be what the scramble is set at. if you take your foot off and stomp the accel again, it will again scramble for 2 seconds before returning to normal boost settings.

• 13 years later...

Resurrecting a really old thread.

I've had a Blitz Dual SBC for quite some time and I was wondering what settings others are using? Here's my setup (with older Hypergear SS2 internally gated):

1. 30
2. 35
3. 45
4. 55
M 0
---
1.55 warn
C 2
P 10
Gain 12

I normally run the car in the high boost setting 4 (ratio 55).

I have a couple of minor issues with this setup:

1. I used to get just shy of 1.4bar in setting 4 but seem to get around 1.3bar now. Granted this is in hotter ambient temps but I wonder if the recent head gasket replacement has anything to do with it? Can I just crank up the setting to increase boost safely? The car was originally tuned for 1.4bar.

2. The boost level bleeds down by about 2-3psi from peak to the top of the rev range. Is there a combination of ratio/gain/scramble boost settings that could help keep this more steady? Or is this just a natural limitation of the IWG?

Cheers guys

The Skyline just presented me with an EOCY bonus, a cool boost leak. No wonder it's not hitting expected boost.

I'm still keen on hearing others' Dual SBC settings if you run the same controller, especially if your boost holds flat to redline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2016 at 8:05 PM, V28VX37 said:

I have a couple of minor issues with this setup:

1. I used to get just shy of 1.4bar in setting 4 but seem to get around 1.3bar now. Granted this is in hotter ambient temps but I wonder if the recent head gasket replacement has anything to do with it? Can I just crank up the setting to increase boost safely? The car was originally tuned for 1.4bar.

2. The boost level bleeds down by about 2-3psi from peak to the top of the rev range. Is there a combination of ratio/gain/scramble boost settings that could help keep this more steady? Or is this just a natural limitation of the IWG?

Issue 1 is now resolved, it was a boost leak at the intercooler to intake elbow joiner. More info: https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/468422-silicone-joinerreducer-pn-for-top-intake-pipe-to-elbow-rb25det-neo/

Re issue 2, if anyone knows how to flatten the boost curve using this EBC I'm all ears. Here's how it looks like at the moment:

14988174665_c40106fbf1_z.jpg

(Output 275rwkw @ ~20psi, BP 98 Octane (red line) / Without airbox lid, snorkel and filter: 285rwkw (top blue line))