SAU Community

Blazt Cables And Software

lachlanw

any one else out there got the blaZz system . i do . quite handy/usefull/quirky/entertaining all at the same time . bloody easy way to check / reset ecu codes . also easy to reset self learn after every new mod . and other stuff like time trails and data logging . and checking injector duty cycle under full load . eg mine are at 88% right before i shift out of third at full load . and apparently the hearse does 0-100 in 6.3 seconds.

http://www.blazt.biz/

seems a bit pricey IMO. Better off just sticking with the tried and true consult cable.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Consult-Cabl...id=p3286.c0.m14

ECU Talk is an awesome application to use, its more than you will ever need (other than a wideband o2 sensor)

I have a different Diag cable and a few different programs.

It's a cool tool, really need 2 people to use it while driving, all the guages are really distracting :rofl:

Shows timing, voltages of various sensors, acceleration timing etc.

Seeing and resetting engine faults is great too.

So buy one if you can.

My Innovate LM2 has a wee screen and datalogging capability to a memory stick as well as an interface for a laptop. It comes with an OBDII plug and I have just located a "consult" to OBDII adaptor plug on ebay so hopefully it will give me the capabilities as above.

yeah shame that people in general dont know how much they should be paying for this stuff...that guy is just reselling this box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Cons...emZ200254281450

i made a bunch of these a while ago, much better than having a huge box hanging out of the consult port and hitting your knees (if you can even drive with it in).

been thinking about making a batch of USB consult cables, seeing people paying way too much for something reasonable simple is fairly good incentive

and I have just located a "consult" to OBDII adaptor plug on ebay so hopefully it will give me the capabilities as above.

link? pretty sure nothing like that exists. there is a double ended plug (consult 1 side, obdii the other) that comes with consult II scantool, but it ISNT an adaptor that will allow u to use obdii on a consult car or vice versa.

yeah shame that people in general dont know how much they should be paying for this stuff...that guy is just reselling this box:

i made a bunch of these a while ago, much better than having a huge box hanging out of the consult port and hitting your knees (if you can even drive with it in).

been thinking about making a batch of USB consult cables, seeing people paying way too much for something reasonable simple is fairly good incentive

link? pretty sure nothing like that exists. there is a double ended plug (consult 1 side, obdii the other) that comes with consult II scantool, but it ISNT an adaptor that will allow u to use obdii on a consult car or vice versa.

do want!

If you do make some up I will have one straight away!

me and NewKleer go waaaaaay back !

haa. well not really but i have kept abreast of his work since he advertised on the pulsar forums

he was even so kind as to explain to me how to connect the old consult I made myself to the stagea consult plug - damn shame i Think I lost the info !

Someone from wA should get his!!!

If you are interested you can look on the innovatemotorsports.com website to find the manual for the LM2 meter. There is a section on OBDII which leads me to believe that all I need is a physical connection between the consult port and the OBDII plug that comes with the LM2 and the software will enable me to select up to 16 channels (I believe the consult has only 14) and manipulate the data. Of course no-one is going to buy a $700 LM2 for this purpose but it seems to me that when this little adaptor arrives (a double sided plug as you describe it) I will be able to access my ecu through the LM2 and/or a laptop connected to it as an additional feature of my LM2 (which I bought for tuning AFRs).

well keep us updated, but unless this plug has some electronics inside it to convert the physical signalling and data protocol, its not going to convert consult to obdII

on the usb consult cable topic, i've just got back 150 cables from having the consult connector assembled onto them (just the cable + consult connector assebled on end, the usb end/circuitry isnt done or anything, just plain wires). will do some maths and work out how much i could get some usb consult cables done for.