SAU Community

What Shocks For Rs-v (rwd) Front End?

KingHam

Hi im just wondering if anyone can tell me if the front shocks on a RS-V(rwd) are the same as any other cars, so far i've established that the rears are the same as r33 gtst - eye at the bottom - but the fronts are different, and most of the threads here are all regarding the awd stageas

Hi im just wondering if anyone can tell me if the front shocks on a RS-V(rwd) are the same as any other cars, so far i've established that the rears are the same as r33 gtst - eye at the bottom - but the fronts are different, and most of the threads here are all regarding the awd stageas

I would've thought they'd be the same as AWD stageas - ie. r33gtr front, and stagea-specific rear. Note that whilst the rear shocks have the same fitting as gtst shocks, they are not the same. To put it another way, whilst the gtst shocks will fit, they will not provide the correct support for a wagon.

Pretty sure r33gtr shocks on the front are the go however :)

Yup what GorGasm said. i just got a set of WGC34 specific coilovers from japan. The rears are the same as the AWD but the fronts are very different due to there being less weight and not having to avoid a drive shaft.