SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Used for about 6 months lines looked good.

Pulled the injectors out to compare the O-rings to new ones. Couldnt tell the difference between the two. O-rings were as flexible as the new ones, no cracks.

Apologies if this is in one of the preceding pages (or on another thread).

Was reading the latest HP magazine about Donnan making a methanol/U98 blend in lieu of E85 and he reported very good results. There are a couple of points in the article that seem too good to be true:

* The methanol by the nature that it is blended with U98 is not "corrosive" as per straight methanol as used in drag cars.

* The methanol was easy and cheap (~$1.00/L) to obtain.

* Similar flow rates to normal U98 means that existing fuel hardware may be suitable, although a retune is required to gain the maximum benefits.

Anyone have experience with this?

I just swapped an RB25 powered DR30 from Martini race fuel to Powerplus E85, The Injectors are now to small so i had to drop 5psi boost, The car raced this weekend and did its best ever lap times in 15years in super poor weather Almost matching WAs best ever Skyline time in perfect conditions, 61.8 long track at Wanneroo on 8inch rims and RE55s in a DR30 and the poor weather is flying.

what heat range spark plugs are you guys running with your ethenol verse pump gas?

over here we run

ngk 7s in 90% of the turbod nissans we tune on 98 pump gas. as it helps aviod detonation

i think from memory we ran ngk 7s in the ethenol mixed cars we tuned also.

although a slightly warmer plug may benifit cold starting with the cooler burning ethenol

although we havn't really don't a lot of playing around with ethenol fuel apart from a couple cars to see what kind of gains you could get out of them

Next one.

The V8 supercars aparently run E85 now.

Anyone know what blend the control fuel is for the V8 Supercars ?

85 % ethanol + U98 / U91 /109 / etc etc ???

I been checking the regs but can't find any solid info.

Just thought i would mention, a silvia that was tuned at JEM a few day ago cranked out a very impressive 407rwkw on E85 (out of the bowser)

This SR has had alot of engine work and produced the numbers with a hybrid T04Z at 30psi.

In 3 weeks JEM will get their hands on my mates RB25/30 that has been solely built to run on E85.

Hoping to crack the 500rwkw mark ;)

Fingers crossed!

One of these days someone'l strap on a GT4088R (which you can buy locally) and they will be the "new" gun turbo for that power range . The switched on Americans absolutely love them because they are very resposive and provided the engine is up to it make the power standing on their ear . Magic combination of housings/wheels/trims BUT must be used only in twin scroll form with the proper matching turbine housings .

If you ever get to hold one of these 88Rs in your hands you'd think hmm , big (T4) mount flange but not that much larger overall than a GT3582R with a 1.06 A/R turbine housing . Normal in/out comp housing fittings meaning none of that GT42R bulk or odd truck connections . They were designed to be a performance petrol turbo so have no diesel engine ancestry .

One day , cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

I like this mans posts.. totally on topic and off topic at the same time :down:

One of these days someone'l strap on a GT4088R (which you can buy locally) and they will be the "new" gun turbo for that power range . The switched on Americans absolutely love them because they are very resposive and provided the engine is up to it make the power standing on their ear . Magic combination of housings/wheels/trims BUT must be used only in twin scroll form with the proper matching turbine housings .

If you ever get to hold one of these 88Rs in your hands you'd think hmm , big (T4) mount flange but not that much larger overall than a GT3582R with a 1.06 A/R turbine housing . Normal in/out comp housing fittings meaning none of that GT42R bulk or odd truck connections . They were designed to be a performance petrol turbo so have no diesel engine ancestry .

One day , cheers A .