SAU Community

Stagea R4 Transmissions

Chris Wilson

My wife wants a fairly big auto estate, I have loads of RB25DET / RB26 /R33 GTS-t / GTR bits (engine, suspension and transmission) knocking around. So when I saw a Stagea RS-4 for sale at handy money in good condition the other day, I thought of her :P My question is, what is the 4WD set up, is it the same as a GTR, gearbox and transfer box wise, but with an auto box, or totally different? I'd be leaving it stock, so just curious, but as an aside, could they be converted to run the GTR manual transmission set up and take big power?

Thanks.

Edited by Chris Wilson

My wife wants a fairly big auto estate, I have loads of RB25DET / RB26 /R33 GTS-t / GTR bits (engine, suspension and transmission) knocking around. So when I saw a Stagea RS-4 for sale at handy money in good condition the other day, I thought of her :) My question is, what is the 4WD set up, is it the same as a GTR, gearbox and transfer box wise, but with an auto box, or totally different? I'd be leaving it stock, so just curious, but as an aside, could they be converted to run the GTR manual transmission set up and take big power?

Thanks.

I don't know much about skylines but i believe the Stagea Atessa is similar to the R34 system (and different to the earlier versions). people are running 240AWKW (and more) throught the auto. have a read of the Auto trans FAQ in the DIY section above. Some have converted to manual. The Stagea 260RS comes with GTR running gear incl manual.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife wants a fairly big auto estate, I have loads of RB25DET / RB26 /R33 GTS-t / GTR bits (engine, suspension and transmission) knocking around. So when I saw a Stagea RS-4 for sale at handy money in good condition the other day, I thought of her :rofl: My question is, what is the 4WD set up, is it the same as a GTR, gearbox and transfer box wise, but with an auto box, or totally different? I'd be leaving it stock, so just curious, but as an aside, could they be converted to run the GTR manual transmission set up and take big power?

Thanks.

Yeah mate they are all interchangeable and thats exactly why I went with the stagea. I put a gtr box and xfr case in mine when I converted it to manual. And other than exhaust stuff pretty much everything for a skyline rb25 works in the stagea. The intermediate shaft and driveshafts are smaller than gtr but a gtr cradle is an option.

ECU has been the only real problem, the late series 1 cars have a wierd loom and ecu pinout is different to r34 gtt (which has the same plug).