SAU Community

Million Dollar Driver Challenge

MissJuz

I spoke to Jason about this and even put my name down for an entry when it was at 3.5k.

I memory serves me correctly the cars will be on some form of Pirelli race tyre. Whether it is a semi or a slick is dependant on what Pirelli come up with as they are a sponsor. - Tyre degradation worried me, although apparently there will hundreds of rotations, but still....... not hard to get a bad one, or how about an over or under inflated corner? How pissed would ya be!

I asked how much track time would be allowed, would there be a practice session, and was told no, and that what one of the reasons I decided to withdraw my interest.

I was glad that I did when a couple of days later the website was opened and I see that these would be judging on "talent, speed, flair, agility and car control".... who's judging?

Additionally, what to garuntee that preffessional drivers don't enter. Jason said they wouldn't be allowed, siting that anyone with V8 Supercar experience wouldn't be allowed. What abouyt someone like Steve Glenney? I wouldn't back myself against Steve if he only had three wheels!

So, after mulling it over the Snowy, I decided not to do it... maybe I'll kick myself one day, (my old man said go for it but he would lol), but ..... I'm in motorsport for the fun and I don't need the stress of an event like this.

edit: I wish Jason all the best luck with it though, and hope it works well and that everyone has a ball :)

Edited by Marlin

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ben, thanks for the good wishes!

In terms of tyres we have decided to go with Bridgestone RE55S tyres for the gymkhana work and Bridgestone slicks for the track sessions, weather permitting of course.

Nobody is judging the talent, speed etc, etc - its all against the clock.

At a little over $13k to enter we know it is alot of money, which is why we decided to offer the 10 spots at $3500, and I am still taking calls and getting emails with regard to the offer.

The long and the short of it is that it is impossible to please everybody all the time - we are working tirelessly to make this the best event that it can be for all concerned.

Let me ask you and everyone else here this:

As come Monday the 6th April 2009 we will hopefully have 1 or 2 WRXs still in reasonable condition, only driven on Sundays etc, etc would any of you be interested in a 1 day track day on the Monday or Tuesday limited to say 80 entries with a buy in of $660 incl gst where the days top time gets to take home 1 of the cars?

As there will be no motorkhana part to this only timed laps everyone should get plenty of track time too.......

Just a though, interested in yours and everyone elses thoughts on this.

Thanks again,

Jason :)

Let me ask you and everyone else here this:

As come Monday the 6th April 2009 we will hopefully have 1 or 2 WRXs still in reasonable condition, only driven on Sundays etc, etc would any of you be interested in a 1 day track day on the Monday or Tuesday limited to say 80 entries with a buy in of $660 incl gst where the days top time gets to take home 1 of the cars?

Yes, 100%.

Ill even consider taking 2 spots incase i stuff up the first session.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback so far, I just want to stress that the weekend event "millon dollar driver challenge" is still our main event and where most of our efforts are going and with almost 180 confirmed entries already it is going to be a great event for all.

We will over the weekend put together something for the Monday and possibly the Tuesday too as interest in the 1 day track days has been strong and well recieved, look out for an announcement on the forum and on our website early next week!!!

How do we go about being a site sponsor of SAU?

Cheers and thanks again,

Jason Sinai

Please note my email is now [email protected]

Hi everyone,

3rd April 2009 - MDDC familiarisation day announced:

Due to interest from entrants and possible entrants we have booked the Friday before the Million Dollar Driver Challenge at Wakefield Park for entrants to have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the cars prior to the event. The entry fee for the event remains the same so there is no extra charge for this day!!

6th and 7th April 2009 - MDDC "shoot out track event" announced:

Due to massive interest we have booked the Monday 6th April 2009 and Tuesday 7th April 2009 for our proposed 1 day track day.

Each day is open to 80 participants

There will be no gymkhana work, only timed laps of the circuit

Participants will be split in to 4 groups of 20 and will have the opportunity to lap the circuit 4 times throughout the day for 1/2 an hour each time. You will get 2 time slots in the morning session and 2 time slots in the afternoon session - so plenty of laps and opportunities to set the "fastest lap of the day"

Whats included:

Breakfast and lunch

Use of safety equipment

The same team of people that we will have working on the cars for the main event over the weekend will be on hand for both these days too, the cars will be looked over between sessions and tyres changed between sessions as well.

The cost: $590 incl gst!!!!

The person who sets the fastest lap on each day will get to take home 1 of the track prepared wrx's of his/her choice from the fleet of cars used for the event.

If you are interested please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me on 0410 614 330

This is something I am going to enter for sure, at $590 its really good value and plenty of track time. Anyone else here entered?

I like the idea of the "million dollar challenge" part of the event but to rich for me and I dont think Id win anyway..........

Hi all,

interest has been strong in the 1 day track days - thank you to all those who have already entered!!

As we have this morning signed a new corporate sponsor for the event which will be named shortly we have decided to make the 1 day track days a little more affordable for all.

Everything remains the same as in our previous announcement but the price per day is now $400 incl gst!!!

Those who have already paid will recieve the refund directly back into their accounts.

We have done this primarily to help those travelling from interstate with costs and make it incredible value for money for everybody involved.

Please contact me on the details below to ensure you dont miss out.

Thanks,

Jason

[email protected]

400?

dam thats good.....my wallet is right in front of me......

couple things though...

1. what time does it kick off on monday or tuesday?

2. can you chose which day you want to do?

3. how do you pay and when is the last days to pay?

4. when you say 4 groups of 20....for 30 mins, does that mean I get 30mins behind the wheel?

Im pretty keen to sign up ;)

Cheers Jase,

Chris

Hi guys,

the new sponsor is an oil company - I wish I could get them to fund a further 2 cars each day to give away but I dont think so!!!

Yes, the entry fee is now $400 incl gst.

The first group will be out on track at 8am for 1/2 an hour and then it will follow on - so you could make the last group and be there at 9.15ish for 9.30 if you wanted.

You can choose which day you would like.

You can pay by direct deposit sraight into our bank account - email me for the details. For these 1 day track days we do need the whole entry fee at the time of booking - as you can appreciate these 2 days are almost break even for us so we need to be sure we have them filled and that people turn up.

You will get 2 sessions of 30 minutes behind the wheel in the morning and then another 2 sessions of 30 minutes behind the wheel in the afternoon - so 4 sessions of 30 minutes - excellent value.

All the cars will be refuelled and tyres changed at the conclusion of each session and the cars will be rotated to keep it all fair.

Hope that answers your questions guys but please feel free to contact me if you have anymore.

We have had alot of interest from people reading this forum and would love to welcome you to the event Chris.

Cheers,

Jason