SAU Community

Million Dollar Driver Challenge

MissJuz

Hi All,

Some of you may or may not know me, I'm a member of SAU Vic and compete in club level motorsport as well as Dutton Rallies, in addition to that I work for Unique Cars Magazine.

At Unique Cars we have just signed a partnership for an event which gives club level drivers the ability to race against one another in the same vehicles, over a two day event for a total of $1,000,000 in prize money. First place prize is $500,000 and it scales back to $25,000 for sixth place. The organisers have previously run this event in America with huge success, there are also no proffessional drivers allowed.

Unique Cars is very excited to be involved in this and I'm sure a lot of you will be interested in participating.

We will be giving away a free entry in Unique Cars so keep your eyes on the magazine from January Issue to go into the draw to win a free entry.

The media release has just been put together and here are the details, please feel free to call Jason (Details below) at any time for further info, mention that you heard about it from Unique Cars and your club forum as he is monitoring the response to this:

AUSTRALIA’S RICHEST MOTORSPORT EVENT

From the 4th - 5th April 2009, Wakefield Park Raceway will welcome 300 challengers competing for the chance to share in an unprecedented $1,000,000 in prize money.

The inaugural Million Dollar Driver Challenge will be Australia’s richest premier motor sport event for amateur drivers.

Unlike other motor sport events, The Million Dollar Driver Challenge is unique in that it will pit drivers against each other in identical track-prepared Subaru WRX’s to showcase the drivers’ true skill and ability.

The 2 day event will provide drivers with the opportunity to display their talents through both timed track sessions as well as challenging gymkhana courses to test their speed, flair, agility and car control.

Use of the track-prepared Subaru WRX, service crew, safety equipment, track facilities and catering is all included in the entry fee of $12,390 + GST.

In addition, entrants who pay their deposit of $3,500 by 15th December 2008 will automatically go into the draw to win a brand new Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan, which will be drawn as part of the prize giving at the conclusion of the event on Sunday 5th April 2009.

Prize money is on offer from 1st – 6th place:

1st Place = $500,000

2nd Place = $250,000

3rd Place = $100,000

4th Place = $75,000

5th Place = $50,000

6th Place = $25,000

For further information please contact Jason Sinai on 0410 614 330 or email [email protected]

Enjoy

Juz

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Disclaimer*

I have nothing personally to do with the organisation of this event and The company I work for has no financial interest in this event at all. It did come accross my desk from a work collegue so I thought it may be relevent here on a Motorsport forum.

I have put contact details of the event organiser for you to contact in my first post, should you be interested in further info.

I'm as skeptical as some of you in regards to getting 300 entries with a 12k entry but am not going to judge, if it happens it happens.

If this event is not relevent to SAU Motorsport, I'm more than happy to delete the whole thing or one of the Mod's can do it.

Have a nice day. :P

How many cars would they need if they had 300 drivers?

How do you know that the HP of all the cars are the same?

What if your car isn't performing as well as the others, do you get your money back?

I would suggest it would work in the same priciple as the Louts Challenge thing did a few years ago. If you aren't fimiliar with that what they did was they offered a chance where you could pay $X (can't remember but was about $3K) at 3 different state venues for a competition in either the Lotus Elise or the Exige Cup cars (was more $$$ for the Exige one obviously). During the day they had 6 cars and the competition was such that over the weekend you had to drive in all 6 cars with I think the combined best time from all of the cars you drove determining the winner. The top 5 from each state went off to a finals thing and the winner in each class (Elise and Exige) got a fully paid for drive in the Lotus Cup challenge the next year.

But my bet would be that if there were X number of cars you would have to rotate through all of the cars, rather than just using the same one for the whole competition to make sure there were no "his car is faster than mine" cry babies.

I would suggest it would work in the same priciple as the Louts Challenge thing did a few years ago. If you aren't fimiliar with that what they did was they offered a chance where you could pay $X (can't remember but was about $3K) at 3 different state venues for a competition in either the Lotus Elise or the Exige Cup cars (was more $$$ for the Exige one obviously). During the day they had 6 cars and the competition was such that over the weekend you had to drive in all 6 cars with I think the combined best time from all of the cars you drove determining the winner. The top 5 from each state went off to a finals thing and the winner in each class (Elise and Exige) got a fully paid for drive in the Lotus Cup challenge the next year.

But my bet would be that if there were X number of cars you would have to rotate through all of the cars, rather than just using the same one for the whole competition to make sure there were no "his car is faster than mine" cry babies.

Yep- its sounding like another take on the Chance of a Lifetime concept, most recently run by MoPro a few years back.

I had a go at it in a Daewoo and it was pretty fair- you rotated through the cars throughout the day to make sure noone had a power advantage.

Big entry, but a bloody awesome prize for whoever pulls it off.

Wish I had a lazy 13 grand and some driving talent lying around >_<

Hi All,

Jason from the Million Dollar Driver Challenge here.

Just letting you know that our official website www.milliondollardriverchallenge.com.au will be going live on the 3rd of November 2008 as well as our new email addressess [email protected] until then the hotmail address still applies, not very proffessional I know but we wanted to give you guys and girls who are car club members the heads up on our event before the advertising/pr machine swings in.

A few things worth mentioning at this time:

Unique Cars magazine is on board as an official partner, look out for our advert in the next issue due out November 5TH 2008.

Revolution Racegear is on board as a partner and each entrant will be recieving a helmet, race boots, race gloves and a race suit as part of the entry fee.

Tag Heuer is on board as a sponsor - EACH ENTRANT WILL BE RECIEVING A TAG HEUER F1 WATCH VALUED AT $1100 AS PART OF THE ENTRY TOO!!

Finally, for all paid up car club members we are offering a $1000 discount on the entry fee if you enter and pay the $3500 deposit by December the 15th 2008. By doing this you also go into the draw for the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Sedan to be drawn at the conclusion of the event on the 5th April 2009.

In terms of car numbers, we have ordered 30, yes 30 new MY 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchbacks for the event.

If I can be of any help please feel free to call me on

All businesses are to contact SAUTraderAdmin before advertising anything on these forums

We would only want the forum rules enforced consistently by admin.

Hi All,

Jason from the Million Dollar Driver Challenge here.

Just letting you know that our official website www.milliondollardriverchallenge.com.au will be going live on the 3rd of November 2008 as well as our new email addressess [email protected] until then the hotmail address still applies, not very proffessional I know but we wanted to give you guys and girls who are car club members the heads up on our event before the advertising/pr machine swings in.

A few things worth mentioning at this time:

Unique Cars magazine is on board as an official partner, look out for our advert in the next issue due out November 5TH 2008.

Revolution Racegear is on board as a partner and each entrant will be recieving a helmet, race boots, race gloves and a race suit as part of the entry fee.

Tag Heuer is on board as a sponsor - EACH ENTRANT WILL BE RECIEVING A TAG HEUER F1 WATCH VALUED AT $1100 AS PART OF THE ENTRY TOO!!

Finally, for all paid up car club members we are offering a $1000 discount on the entry fee if you enter and pay the $3500 deposit by December the 15th 2008. By doing this you also go into the draw for the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Sedan to be drawn at the conclusion of the event on the 5th April 2009.

In terms of car numbers, we have ordered 30, yes 30 new MY 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchbacks for the event.

If I can be of any help please feel free to call me on