SAU Community

Woah Modding Car Looks...fully Sick?

Kerr34

yea i think im gna persuade him to try and buy cheap and just wait till he can afford a nice car, i dont think it will hlp much he has his mind set on making people think he has an evo.. wll that is till they try to take him on if he revs at the lights... which like all p platers, he will ahaha

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy from Mandurah in my club.. or thinks hes in my club rather.. who has turbo'd his lancer gli.. he has an A-pillar gauge with TWO boost gauges.. I asked him 'why 2 boost gauges?'.. and his reply was '.. coz it makes it look like it's twin turbo!'.

I looked at him and walked off..

To cut a long story short imo, if you mod a lancer you run the risk of falling into the same category. But each to their own. I'm just saying it's not something I'd do. :P

lol that shit is funny...wanna put that on a t-shirt or sumthin

rice-1.jpg

this is a pic of ma old car

had 2 dvd screens in the back seat as well n full underbody n interior neons fully sick:P

not wrong about it bein rice. but does it still classify as rice if i had engine mods?

post-34480-1224138294_thumb.jpg

sorry - saw this thread and looked interesting.....

its up to him what he wants to do, but yeah, the modded up lancer thing is usually for young p-plate women from forums such as www.melbccr.com.au

but hey, if he is happy, then let him go for it.

edit - friend of mine has a lancer with leather interior and evo kit and a cannon muffler - hmmmm all show and no go....so sounds a bit lame, but at the same time its not my car. He tried to give it some stick at the lights, and wouldnt really go that well....

i dont think it will hlp much he has his mind set on making people think he has an evo..

Exactly, what ever we post wont make a difference. Generally people make up their minds but still have a little doubt in their decision. So they then ask for others opinions, the ones that suit their decision are taken note of, where as the others that disagree are dismissed as being rubbish. Normal human nature I guess, we just listen to what we want to hear.

Let us know how things work out though yea? :P

OR, buy a old toyota crown, slam it with some rims and you now have a reliable, and cheap cruiser , when your mates say how fast it is you say ,"its a classic cruiser idiot, slow and low".

Save your money for the car you really want and get in a couple of years when you know what your after and havent spent your money on shit.

2 cents

Damn, im gonna buy one and use it as a daily.

Edited by mlr

Lancer to look like an EVO is fail in any language...

13k is plenty of dosh to get something fun...

if you look hard enough you could get an awesome fun Silvia (S13 and some peeps are flogging off S14's super dooper cheap now) and of course 180sx's

or buy Rhys' NA, not a bad car at all... great P Plater car

Honda's are good fun, i used to think i could beat Turbos though *fail*

and Leo... sorry brother but a Lancer that has engine mods that don't include turbo and turbo supporting mods and an AWD system is a tiny bit rice

it's alright now, you have a GTT :)

There is a guy from Mandurah in my club.. or thinks hes in my club rather.. who has turbo'd his lancer gli.. he has an A-pillar gauge with TWO boost gauges.. I asked him 'why 2 boost gauges?'.. and his reply was '.. coz it makes it look like it's twin turbo!'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

i litterally "Roll On the Floor Laughing".....

The most important thing IMO is what is his motive? If he's doing it up for himself there's some merit as tastes are personal. If he's doing it up to get positive attention from other enthusiasts (and I reckon he probably is if you're posting here for him asking what people's reactions would be) then he may as well give up now.

There's certain cars that no matter what you do to them just don't cut it. I had a Daihatsu Charade GTti, which is a 3 cyl, twin cam, turbo, intercooled, injected etc etc little rocket which I modified and tuned till it would hammer all my mates in their Commodores, pulled 200 km/h (which in a Charade is seriously scary) and sounded sweet as. But at the end of the day, it's still a Charade/shopping trolley/chicks car and those were the sort of comments I got. For me, that was fine, it was a cheap, fun daily that didn't cost the earth to run/modify. But if your mate wants positive attention from other people, he won't get it in a riced up Lancer.

i dont mean bad to lancer owners.

i was one of them. i used to drive a lancer with huge bodykit and a loud exhaust. a nissan pulsar sss also witha gay loud exhaust and wierd 19"rims(when i am thinking about it right now). i am proud to be a ricer.(its a phase in some people's lives) and YES everyone had a bit or RICE in them. put your hands up if you agree.

but i do regretted not to go for more tasteful mods. lesson learnt.

Mods for the lancer:

Proper size rims eg: 16 and 17 should be enough.

Dont go crazy on the bodykit and also the exhaust!

good luck to the new owner!

hope he have fun in his new car!

cheers!

Edited by lcy