Australia Deploys Noise Cameras

d00dz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that the camera just as you come around the corner to go down where the 3 lanes merge into 2?

If it is I was told it was a truck speed camera which only does the far left lane?

Yea from 3 to 2 lanes just past the truck inspection bay.

But there is a flash unit behind it. I think its a speed camera, but the camera full points towards the other side of traffic. Check it out next time and see for yourself.

I drive to gong nearly everyday so i will keep a look out for a new speed camera sign (if it is a speed camera)

Comes to a point where you just say no more..

I want to take an angle grinder and go to work on as many fixed speed cameras as I can.

I agree lets cutem down!just another revenue raiser.

If they where serious they would make the vehicles attend the RTA to qualify the defect, then get repaired the said problem.

Edited by YLD-CHLD

I think they are targeting trucks using compression brakes,,,not us. Let face it,,,going down Ousley would normally be done on a trailing throttle,,,no skylines going to break the limit of a noise box.

Oh and some of my good old friends are bikies,,,sure their bikes are loud,,,but they are cool dudes.

Neil.

hard to pin a recording of air brakes on a particular truck...

From what I've read, the system uses several microphones. If they're directional enough, it shouldn't be impossible to triangulate the source of the noise.

Putting it on Mt Ousley Rd, on such a steep section of road, is just bollocks if you ask me. There's not much by way of housing out there, and there's sound barriers, and I'd rather there be a little noise than trucks having no brakes at the bottom of the hill.

From what I've read, the system uses several microphones. If they're directional enough, it shouldn't be impossible to triangulate the source of the noise.

Oh trust me, I know how that part of it would work :)

My point is, you would still need a picture of the vehicle in question. You can't just play back a recording and be like, "I put it to you mr trucker sir, that these ARE your air brakes..."

My point is, you would still need a picture of the vehicle in question. You can't just play back a recording and be like, "I put it to you mr trucker sir, that these ARE your air brakes..."

The system takes a 10 second video recording to go with the audio and triangulation data.

Wonder how many DB a joint fart can produce.

I reckon we just find out where the mics are, and just set up a birdseed tray in front of them.

Some of those birds make a massive racket, and if the government tries to shoot or poison them all those nature types will kick up a massive stink.

Bonus points for someone who can figure out how to make a kookaburra shit on the camera lens.