SAU Community

How diffrent is VSPEC and VSPEC 2

SKYLINE GTR

As far as I know the difference between a vspec I and vspec II is all in the suspension & diff setups......vspec I was setup for general road use whereas the vspec II was setup to lap the Nurburg ring (harder setup!!)

-ant95GTR

Originally posted by SKYLINEGTR

what are the known diffrences between the 2 ? (vspec /vspec2)

SKYLINEGTR, I have THE GT-R BIBLE at home, and I'll be able to answer you question in detail. But I'm at work now, so I'll post up tonight sometime.

Originally posted by SKYLINEGTR

the would be good , i as yet dont have one of those

It's a Hyper Rev/Nissan/JAF silver special edition... my most prized automotive book, it chronicles the timeline from BNR32 to 34 with every concievable model variation and detail... in Japanese!

It's a special edition, and I tried to look for another copy in the shops but they were either sold out, or in very short supply. I has mine mailed to me by my Japanese mate who works in Honda PR... he (his department) apparently got advanced copies from Hyper Rev as a freebee.

As for English translation copies, no chance. Although I might publish something like it in the future...? (business opportunity:))

Originally posted by Yakuza

i didnt know they had a vspec 2 for the R32/33 GTRs ?

They don`t... only for the R32 and R34.

Anyway, the difference between an R32 GT-R V-spec and V-SpecII is... (feels like de ja vu):

The V-SpecII has different tires, Bridgestone Potenza R010 245/45ZR17 to be exact, a "V-SpecII" sticker on the righthand side of the bootlid, and the V-SpecII was available in Crystal White (326).

"Is that it?!" Your probably asking... Yes.

Apparently, Nissan wanted to use those 245/45 R010 Potenza`s with the release of the V-Spec, but they (the tires) weren`t available at that time. It just so happend that the V-SpecII is more of a "4 Years at the top of Group-A" commemorative model, rather than a vastly improved model over the V-Spec.

Is that an OK answer?:)

Originally posted by skyline33

I thought the V spec II R32 GTR also came with the mesh BBS rims

Yeah, thats right. Thats why I said "The difference between the V-Spec and the V-SpecII is..."