SAU Community

Rear Speaker Covers Wont Come Off

Aggroman

Hey everyone.

During compliance on my R34 skyline they put child restraints in through the stock speaker covers, I figured it was no biggie till i tried to take the cover off to change the speakers..

Ive taken out the bolt that held the child restraint on but the cover is still stuck down on all four corners. What is the likelyhood it is glued and how would u suggest i get them off?

Tried cutting along the edge of the bottom of the covers but its too damn tight so the blade doesnt fit (parcel shelf and speaker cover). I also have no idea how or if i can take the parcel shelf off.

Its really starting to bug me cause the speaker is rooted and i cant do anything about it :(

• 3 months later...

How do you remove the rear trims to access the parcel tray? The rear seat is easy enough but I'm a bit hessitant about ripping out trim parts without knowing what I'm doing :blush:

How do you remove the rear trims to access the parcel tray? The rear seat is easy enough but I'm a bit hessitant about ripping out trim parts without knowing what I'm doing :blush:

side trims

remove the seats first of course

a gentle even tug will reveal , they pop off in your hands, go slow and work around the edges, snaps back in with a light tap with your palm . can't remember if you have to take out the seat belt bolt or not but you will see it if you do?

Thanks, I will brave it on the weekend :blush: Does anyone know if the front speakers are the same as the rears? My rears are stuffed and I'm thinking of putting the fronts in the rears and putting in a set of splits into the front.

not so important to remove the side trims,

iv just done my whole system and didnt remove the trims

the trims tend to sit in the pacel shelf... so u can push down on the sides

and slide it forward

thats just how i did it, but each to their own :P

gl

p.s if ur gonna swap front speaks to rear...might as well upgrade

my 33 has the child restraint welded in a way that it doesnt allow me to remove my speaker covers. wasnt too happy when i discovered it but at least they still work. ill take to it with a grinder when the day comes for replacement. have a look under your shelve via the boot to see how they may have mounted the restraints.

Thanks, I will brave it on the weekend :thumbsup: Does anyone know if the front speakers are the same as the rears? My rears are stuffed and I'm thinking of putting the fronts in the rears and putting in a set of splits into the front.

Yes, R34 front speakers are 6" and tweeters can go in the factory spot or on sail panels (the place the mirror mounts are) unless you want some custom spots.

R34 have a fair bit of room for deep 6" unless you go for some exotic brands like Morel

Yes, R34 front speakers are 6" and tweeters can go in the factory spot or on sail panels (the place the mirror mounts are) unless you want some custom spots.

R34 have a fair bit of room for deep 6" unless you go for some exotic brands like Morel

Well I had success with the parcel shelf, probably will get some decent 2 ways to replace them with.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question as I haven't taken off my front door trims yet, but where are the factory spots for the tweeters?