SAU Community

Should you buy a Skyline for a first car?

youll crash it mate dont kid yourself i had a trx s3 for my first car went all right crashed in thought glad is wosnet a skyline got an r33 know. skyline+wet roads+ps= death that simple no mater how good a driver you think you are which your not cause you got no experiace the arse end will come around and bite you it will happen be warned

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is it with this whole anti p plate + skyline attitude?

not saying im a good driver or something...but I have had my skyline for 8 months and I havnt had trouble parking it, and anyone can lose a car in the wet, not just younger drivers.

Saying that, I havnt caused a dint in any of the 4 cars ive owned in the past 2 years.

Although, some younger drivers DO think they are the king of the road, and do have accidents, but please dont cast generalization on everyone

Originally posted by redline2003

the actual power to weight rule dont botha me as it isnt enforced proberly thank god. my mate on his ps has a r34 gtt and no probs there

Is his plates 'PPLATER'. There is a really nice white R34 Gt-t, I always see it parked on Rooks Road near Kamikazee.

Originally posted by eriktufa

it depends on how you well you control the car.

People tends to buy skyline to do burn out and drive it fast.

get a non turbo one for the first car.

That's my suggestion :(

Erik

i had a dog and his name was BINGO!

its all up to the driver.

if your first car is slow you won't know as you are getting used to acceleration and the characteristics of an engine. give yourself time to learn and get confidence before you buy a powerful car.

i had an older supra, learnt in it, gave it a gool 'ol caining and spun it a couple of times, but never crashed.

now i'm almost 21 and have had the line for 6 months and i think i can drive responsibly and can handle the power - but not back then.

so in response to the thread i think an R31 non-turbo is a great first car allowing you to save for an r32gtst to get when you are ready...

just my 2c

yeh do knock all p platers just cause u were a bogan on ya p's, i got my skyline for my first car and nothing has happened to it at all. it all depends on the person, i got mates who i would never ever let near a turbo car or anything near fast because to put it frankly they really suck as drivers. but others are really mature so its up to each person.

saying that if u get a skyline for ya first car, u'll crash it and kill your self is a load to crap. you can kill yourself in anything its just easyer with a turbo. but its all up to the driver. wat people lack to understand is not everyone goes through the bogan p plater stage.

on an ending note - i believe what you first learn to drive with and drive the most really helps in the way u drive. alot of mates i know with shittie cars dont give a crap what they do to it so they just dont care. but the ones that drive there olds car for awhile or have there own nice cars that they had to work for ect. they repect it so much more and would be alot more carefull.

so in the end its up to the person u cant tell them what to do.

I got a r32 and im on red Ps and Its my first car too... had a few accidents but never anything big simply one of those learn ur lesson things which cost me money to fix and also i had my rear windscreen smashed by ****in bogans. If the driver is good and responsible its no problem to have a first car as a sports car. But there are people that will envy you and therefore you have to be careful (from my own experience) for your own sake as there are many stupid ****ers who will attempt anything to make themselves feel better.

Originally posted by Maxx

he will kill himself... there is TOO much idiot young kid around, i meet alot of them at night with shit box doing 100, pass me and think they are faster than my skyline

i bought my 32 just befoe i tuned 18 now im 19 what can i say im still alive and havent had any crashes :P, so take it easy dont over generalise :) you sound like my local police officer when he pulls me over and asks wtf am i doing driving a skyline. its not the age its the maturity of the driver that maters

Originally posted by Risto

its not the age its the maturity of the driver that maters

very true. so how much maturity does an 18 yr old have? i'm 25 and i have very little and looking back at when i was 18 makes me wonder how i never killed someone or myself...

Im 17 and about to buy an R32 Gtst, its only AUTO but im getting it converty to manual, i drove a 2002 subaru Liberty on ly Ls and untill now and never had a problem, Do you guys think i will be ok in the Gtst? also would u spend 2grand on getting it converted to manual or on mods?