SAU Community

Just A Quick Thought About Oils

suprahb

when servicing, if you have a rb25de/det, when replacing the oil, how much do you use, i did a search and i could fin anythin, correct me if im wrong but a 2.5lt engine requires 2.5 ltrs of oil correct? just had a debate with a friend, i need more info about it

no...i think the rb25det takes about 4.7 litres of oil. 2.5ltr engine doesn't mean it takes 2.5 litres of oil at all. that just means how much fuel can be in the engine at a time.

no...i think the rb25det takes about 4.7 litres of oil. 2.5ltr engine doesn't mean it takes 2.5 litres of oil at all. that just means how much fuel can be in the engine at a time.

Ah, me thinks your wrong on that one. 2.5L means that all 6 cylinders combined have an internal capacity of 2.5L, not that 2.5L of fuel can be in the engine..

when servicing, if you have a rb25de/det, when replacing the oil, how much do you use, i did a search and i could fin anythin, correct me if im wrong but a 2.5lt engine requires 2.5 ltrs of oil correct? just had a debate with a friend, i need more info about it

WTF!!!! How could either of you honestly believe those statements were true

lol omg, even my mum knows this answer lol,,,,, thats allot of fuel and oil being used by the engines if these guys were building one..... 2.5litresof fuel times 6000 revs per minute=15000litres/min lol jet engines dont eat that much fuel during an afterburn....

but i guess you come here to learn and hope you don't get led astray by another noob

The Einstein Factor and your special subject is 'Oil Changes for Nissan Skylines' and your time starts now.........

'How much oil is used in an RB25de/det service?'

Ummm,,,,can I ask a forum? :D

• 1 month later...