SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

NOTE to all.

Removing pre-cat, mid mufflers and pipes whilst keeping OEM cat and rear muff is a fruitless excercise.

Here was i thinking the OEM cat would flow better than a dodgy compliance cat... NOPE!

Theres virtually no engine noise at all, so i think the OEM rear muffler certainly works well indeed.

so may as well replace the whole lot with a 3" or 3.5" system?

have you had a look in the way of intercoolers yet? i was wondering if it is necessary to go the aristo style one that isnt as high as the 600x300x75 general core.

so may as well replace the whole lot with a 3" or 3.5" system?

have you had a look in the way of intercoolers yet? i was wondering if it is necessary to go the aristo style one that isnt as high as the 600x300x75 general core.

yeah 3" should make it go very hard. I threw on a filter and she sounds awesome. It has the R34 GTT turbo noise, but with added V6 induction note. Unreal.

In regards to coolers, you'll have to hack up either the front bar supports, or some other bits and peices. I recon it would be better to just get a really good side mount one and make some good pipes to go with it.

DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH CVT NZ. They are nothing but useless. I called them Monday as i was wanting to go up to Rockhampton for the weekend. Told them i need new CVT fluid for the cedric but they must send it to me asap so i can receive it well before the weekend. Gave over my credit card details and they charged $1390. Little did i know that they are only sending 8 litres of the 11litres i need to flush the transmission.

Called on Wednesday and it hadn't even left yet. They gave bullshit excuses then promised i will recieve it before the weekend. Tracked the parcel and it has just arrived in Sydney, which is always helpful!

Now i have to pay $316 worth of duty and taxes. So that makes it $1690 for 8 litres of CVT fluid.

Nissan quoted $450 per 4 litres with ETA of 2-3 weeks. Thats $1485 INCLUDING GST delivered for 12litres.

Again, DO NOT EVER EVER EVER deal with those lazy NZ (unts.

Edited by sbyder

oil arrived today. Only took them 8 days for a promised 2! Also worked out to be $1710 AUD all up.

I might do a write up on how to drain the fluid tonight. If i can be bothered.

Yeah the 4 speeds only use standard ATF, so its about 95% cheaper lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was a little inspired by a picture i found the other day to see what a minor change to the headlights of the Y34 would look like, i did a quick photoshop, what do you reckon?

normal

post-49731-1234661486_thumb.jpg

eyelids

post-49731-1234661515_thumb.jpg

i think the cedric grill is needed to pull it off but it still looks pretty good. might do your black one Ben and see what it looks like