SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

yeah he has been sending me cars that are going through auction for the last 5 or 6 weeks. im leaning towards the standard auto because if i mod the car a bit the CVT might crap itself, and as a uni student i wont be able to fix it.

the only extra bits the vipz has is the cvt, power rear seats and the telescopic steering column as you mentioned above.

the only things i would change on the blue one would be the grill and taillights swapped to cedric ones and of course a dumping on the 19's

yeah he has been sending me cars that are going through auction for the last 5 or 6 weeks. im leaning towards the standard auto because if i mod the car a bit the CVT might crap itself, and as a uni student i wont be able to fix it.

the only extra bits the vipz has is the cvt, power rear seats and the telescopic steering column as you mentioned above.

the only things i would change on the blue one would be the grill and taillights swapped to cedric ones and of course a dumping on the 19's

The VIP models have the power rear seats and steering column, so just find a VIP and you should be set :santa:

well Ben, my car will be joining your collection in the near future

i have already started buying cedric bits for it to give it the vip touch, just bought a chrome thing that goes above the rear numberplate. if either of you two wants to trade lights and grill let me know :D

when installing an aftermarket cd/mp3 player do i need to get a beatsonic like my mate had to for his aristo?

we also need to find out how much boost can be run safely with exhaust and intercooler.

Good stuff man! Cant wait to get it and take some pics for ya!

I have been told that the turbo is similar to a R34 GTT turbo, so boost should be limited to 14psi due to the ceramic turbine wheel.

No idea on the head unit aspect yet, but it will be a pain in the ass. The Navigation for the radio, CD/DVD, NAV and A/C all come up on the one screen, so who knows what would happen if you try and fit an aftermarket unit. Not to mention the dramas in making a new surround to make it fit.

All i can say is the orginal sound system pumps hardcore. Definately better than my old aristo's system even though the aristo had a 12" sub and the Y34 has a 8". My Cedric has a blown sub (the surround falls apart due to the heat in the sun), so i'll be checking out how much an OEM replacement is.

post-50241-1230602180_thumb.jpg

is there a din slot next to the cd stacker in the glove box? might be able to stick it in there and just splice it into the speaker wires or plug in a beatsonic, just a thought anyway cos i want to get my ipod hooked up.

post-49731-1230624917_thumb.jpg

thats a bit disappointing that they still have the ceramic turbine...

chances are its a free to air sub like the aristos have which is pretty hard to get a hold of, hopefully not though for our sake. might just be easier to get a normal voice coil sub and build a bit of a box under the parcel shelf.

do your cars have air purifiers?

im looking forward to more pictures, i have heaps already but i've looked at them heaps already...

you'd have to hack it a bit as the stacker is tiny compared to a single din. I'd just throw in a hi band receiver and leave it stock. Eventually i'll work out what all the jap language means, or i'll get Kristian to do it for me :(

Yeah they have purifiers, well at least both of mine do.

just got a price from shannons for insurance.

For agreed value of 23K its $1579 a year or $132 a month.

Pretty dam good i recon. Considering the old aristo was the same price and only valued at 19K.

PS - Im 25 and listed it as being locked up everynight in a garage, but driven daily.

thats pretty good,

im 21 and live in the outer suburbs so it shouldnt be too bad. my mate has an aristo and he pays $900 a year for full comp with a written off car on his record and he is 22 so im hoping it will be similar to that or just a bit more because i have no crashes or speeding fines on my record

thats pretty good,

im 21 and live in the outer suburbs so it shouldnt be too bad. my mate has an aristo and he pays $900 a year for full comp with a written off car on his record and he is 22 so im hoping it will be similar to that or just a bit more because i have no crashes or speeding fines on my record

Their initial quote was close to 1200 but i did the add-excess crap to get it under 1k, seeing as i had to pay it up front :P

But good thing about them is they only count accidents in the past 3 years, most are 5. Since my accident was over 3 years ago now, im counted as accident free (and 30% no-claim i think).

But yeh i think just cars will be your only bet, or shannons if your very lucky. Although since the aristo is "twin turbo" they freak out about that, so you should be fine.

thats pretty good, only problem is that im 21 and i have heard that insurance is difficult to get through shannons when under 25, worth a shot though if its that cheap.

whats the excess like and is that with mods?

no idea on the excess.

Make sure when you talk to a shannons person you tell them that your a car freak and attend/enter many car shows/competitions. That way they will usually let you into their "crowd".

That price was with 20's exhaust and filter.