SAU Community

Had Enough...

Sammy34

So when I got my car brakes were squeeling. Since then I have had,

1. front brake pads replaced to a non metal compound (still squeeling)

2. so then the brake discs machined (stopped squeeling but now the rears have started)

3. was told the rears needed to be machined as well (so got them machined and there still squeeling)

4. then was told i need to get rid of the metal compound brake pad on the back (removed an still squeeling)

in amoungst all of that I have had a brake caliper fall off why I was driving because the mechanic didnt tighten the bolts back up on it, the car is pulling left when I brake.

Tyre Zone capalaba have made a few stupid mistakes, they have attempted to put there best foot forward and correct any mistakes that have been made and I can respect that. But the quality of work is poor and I wouldnt recomend anyone living in the capalaba area to trust them with your vehicle.

But that is beside the point of why I posted. What should my next step be? Id rather not hafto go get a whole new brake setup with slotted rotors etc... but if thats what I hafto do to stop the problems with my car then I guess I will jsut go get it done. As for the car pulling left, I hope its just bad wheel alignment, but nothing would surpise me now.

A few things may be causing that, I'd get the brake system re-bled just to make sure there is no air causing brake pressure variation.

Check the tie-rod boot, make sure none are burst. Check the sway bar make sure no bushes have split, and the bolts are done up nice and tight.

All types of pad I've had on my car have squeeled a bit I'm afraid.

Should have bought my car :yucky: (jokes)

What a bunch of clowns.

Oh and if by some twist of fate, I just drove my car and the only time I can get a squeal is literally just as the car is coming to a halt...seems all my squeal has gone to your car?

Also weird I just got pulled over for an RBT....10am on a School day, I'm not that keen :yucky:

What a bunch of clowns.

Oh and if by some twist of fate, I just drove my car and the only time I can get a squeal is literally just as the car is coming to a halt...seems all my squeal has gone to your car?

Also weird I just got pulled over for an RBT....10am on a School day, I'm not that keen :P

Yeh mine squeel when im moving slowly... but its not those little chirps u can get from new brake pads i mean its a screeching sound. RBT on a Friday Morning! whats the world coming too?

So when I got my car brakes were squeeling. Since then I have had,

1. front brake pads replaced to a non metal compound (still squeeling)

2. so then the brake discs machined (stopped squeeling but now the rears have started)

3. was told the rears needed to be machined as well (so got them machined and there still squeeling)

4. then was told i need to get rid of the metal compound brake pad on the back (removed an still squeeling)

in amoungst all of that I have had a brake caliper fall off why I was driving because the mechanic didnt tighten the bolts back up on it, the car is pulling left when I brake.

Tyre Zone capalaba have made a few stupid mistakes, they have attempted to put there best foot forward and correct any mistakes that have been made and I can respect that. But the quality of work is poor and I wouldnt recomend anyone living in the capalaba area to trust them with your vehicle.

But that is beside the point of why I posted. What should my next step be? Id rather not hafto go get a whole new brake setup with slotted rotors etc... but if thats what I hafto do to stop the problems with my car then I guess I will jsut go get it done. As for the car pulling left, I hope its just bad wheel alignment, but nothing would surpise me now.

If the car is pulling to one side, you may have a kinked brake line when the caliper came off causing the opposite caliper do the work and the other side nothing having no fluid pressure to it.

If so charge that to the guy who forgot to put it on properly for a new brake line,only if thats the case.

Not all brakes squeel, pads yes have something to do with it, but also make sure the fitter has installed the brake pads properly as the metal shims in the caliper may be touching your disc causing it to squeal when you brake.

Hope this helps.

ALso even though you are in brisbane i would reconmend Marty at mw performance it you need any work done ,he is on the sunshine coast , maroochydore though, he did all my brake work and its top notch.

If they are as dodgy as you say...

I'd be checking the pads are bedded in correctly. They have put on backing plates and wear indicators correctly. Id also check that your brake disk stone shelds aren't bent and rubbing on the disk etc.

Also as above check out all the other stuff.

Simple answer, do your own brakes. Not hard to do at all. I fitted new rotors (DBA 4000 slotted and Hawk HP Plus pads) front and rear, brake bleed and

also dust boots on pistons (which required a semi rebuild of the calipers). All in all took me about half a day. The pistons can be a little tough to pull out, but if you have an air compressor you can get them out pretty easily.

You're car might be pulling to one side with braking if your dust boots over the piston have disintegrated and now you have scoring on your pistons. If this is the case, it is definately time for a brake rebuild.

As for squealing, I used to have squealing with new pads until they were bedded in or until I did my first track day, but after that they are sweet. I also beleive that slotted rotors help clean the brake dust away more efficiently from the rotor face than stock rotors. Might be worth a look as DBA's are getting cheaper and cheaper everyday, plus you also get a performance upgrade for little $$ outlay.