SAU Community

M35 - Light Changes

Paramour

Hello,

As silly as it sounds I want to know has anyone changed the rear brake light bulbs....I had a quick look for access and couldn't see an easy access....I am sure it is easy as, but does anyone know how to access it before I start pulling and levering bits off.

Also it appears you need the hands of an elf or small child to replace the front indicator bulb.....or I am way to big....LOL

Hello,

As silly as it sounds I want to know has anyone changed the rear brake light bulbs....I had a quick look for access and couldn't see an easy access....I am sure it is easy as, but does anyone know how to access it before I start pulling and levering bits off.

Also it appears you need the hands of an elf or small child to replace the front indicator bulb.....or I am way to big....LOL

yup...Rear

Open the boot

Pull off rubber seal around the light area

Pull the plastic trim off near the light.

Undo the to screws or bolts.

Pop out the whole light assembly and change the globe.

Go backwards from here.

Front - pain in the arse just quietly

Take off the front wheel

Remove the front under guard and then everything should be accessible.

Hello,

Not sure about the rear bulbs, but the front ones ones you have 2 options and yes you still need hands of an elf.

The main way is to remove the inner guard (you will also have to remove the wheel), this is about 5 bolts and a few screws and then you have access.

or

The left are accessible when you remove the air box and the right when you remove the water bottle.

Sorry no easy way.

Cheers

Andy

Not sure about the rear bulbs, but the front ones ones you have 2 options and yes you still need hands of an elf.

The main way is to remove the inner guard (you will also have to remove the wheel), this is about 5 bolts and a few screws and then you have access.

or

The left are accessible when you remove the air box and the right when you remove the water bottle.

Sorry no easy way.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks fellas.....so I wasn't stupid after all there is no easy way....LOL

Don't suppose you can save me the double handling and know the bulb sizes, wattage and pin type....I reckon I will just replace them with LED.....if I have to go to those lengths to change each time...

Jules

I know that the parkers are the same as used on R33 + R34. You can buy LED parkers on ebay but I am not sure about the indicators. I would think they are the same but that is a guess. LOL

I know that the parkers are the same as used on R33 + R34. You can buy LED parkers on ebay but I am not sure about the indicators. I would think they are the same but that is a guess. LOL

Just watch you don't stuff up with the resistance on the blinkers. LED's have less resistance than Halogen globes so you might find if you stick a pair of LED globes in the blinkers they'll start blinking a lot faster than normal.

This might not apply to the M35 but it's something to think about. :banana:

Just watch you don't stuff up with the resistance on the blinkers. LED's have less resistance than Halogen globes so you might find if you stick a pair of LED globes in the blinkers they'll start blinking a lot faster than normal.

This might not apply to the M35 but it's something to think about. :banana:

Cheers........I will record all bulb types when I pull it apart some time very soon.....just for reference's sake....

Jules

i rekon you might be ok with an M35. they sound like they have an electronic blinker. there isnt a mechanical 'click' when the blinkers are on. well, not to me anyway.

just try it! stick in an LED, worse thing youll do it make them flash faster

Please elaborate for me.....I am curious

I think that you will find all "elaborations" in .... Nope. Can't find it and it is home time.

Sorry Jules. It is on here somewhere though.

*application for least helpful post of the week*

Edited by iamhe77

• 3 years later...

Epic thread from the dead...

Did anyone ever get around to putting together a list of what all the bulbs are on these things?

Couldn't find it on the Awesome forum (or is that Skoda forum now?), easier to know what they are BEFORE you take them apart.

Cheers!

Lol. Thought that might be the case, so rather change them all at once, rather than repeatedly pull the front bar off :nyaanyaa:

Anyone at least know indicator, headlight (just normal H4 for non HID right?) and pref side indicators?