SAU Community

Planning To Buy R34gtt, Any Tips

sighface

You should probably just mentally prepare yourself for a couple of things:

- the amount of other drivers that like to "try" and drag you.

- being an R34, you will also get a lot of different looks from people, some positive, some negative.

i.e. young kids thinking your car is "sik".

other drivers in a Ford or Holden thinking that you should have bought an Aussie built V8 rather than Turbo Jap-crap.

and, even girls wanting to see the stud in that totally sexy skyline.

They're just a couple of points I have time to write about at the moment.

People, feel free to add some extra points and/or criticise this post.

Cheers.

You should probably just mentally prepare yourself for a couple of things:

- the amount of other drivers that like to "try" and drag you.

- being an R34, you will also get a lot of different looks from people, some positive, some negative.

i.e. young kids thinking your car is "sik".

other drivers in a Ford or Holden thinking that you should have bought an Aussie built V8 rather than Turbo Jap-crap.

and, even girls wanting to see the stud in that totally sexy skyline.

They're just a couple of points I have time to write about at the moment.

People, feel free to add some extra points and/or criticise this post.

Cheers.

i have had my BNR34 for over a year (daily driver).

- Cops / Authorities

have been pulled over 4 times by traffic cops, 3 times after being breath tested and 2 at road blocks (where their purpose is to find unroadworthy cars and mods). Main thing cops look for are for BOV and pod filters (in VIC ur alowed 1 intake mod (either intercooler/podfilter - correct me if im wrong). R34's arnt targeted as much as people think, drive within reason don't make ur car look like a batmobile u should be fine.

- Other drivers

we have a well mannered community we tend to wave or thumbs up to each other (skyline drivers) but there are a few bad eggs. everyone wants to race u (get use to it) from porches to hyundais. just don't give in (very tempting) but not worth it (lets's just say i had to take the 1 point option).

- i too went from a civ typr R to GTR, take it easy for 1st month too get used to the car and how it handles, totaly diff.

- becareful where u park

- u must have alarm / full comp insurance (i'm with: just cars $1200pa (excess $2500)) before any mods/upgrades.

hope this helps a little, any one knows anything too look out for when making vehicle purchase add it in.

ive had my gtt for 2years now ive only been pulled over for a defect once and my car is highly modified thru the roof amd i drive my car every day...

Edited by beNiz34

hey champ,

I bought my r34 gtt from Vic sent it over to perth since then Yes i have been pulled over and everything has been alright

aslong u dnt be a di*k everything should be fine,

No problems with my car drive's nice and alwasy something to do with it,

head turner so GET ONE :)

mine gets all the right sort of attention, even from cops. how often do you get the thumbs up from coppers while driving next to em :blink:

only defected ones but that was my fault, driving through a defect station with no front bar on + fmic :D

pulled over only twice for random checks

you'll like driving it. good cruiser

and get a semi auto. anyone telling you a manual r34 is more fun and better to live with is a homo :glare:

good luck

you'll like driving it. good cruiser

Agreed.

and get a semi auto. anyone telling you a manual r34 is more fun and better to live with is a homo :blink:

Garbage. Best thing I did was blow up my tipronic box and get a manual.

I had mine 18months and was only pulled over once. And that was when I was stationary. Gotta love the Knox TMU.

Young Playstation fanboys go nuts over the 34's. haha

3.5yrs in the R34 (OK, only really 2.0 behind the wheel) - never been defected or fined for speeding / hooning etc.

Have been pulled over a few times for RBTs and "how you doin' chats"

As mentioned, don't drive like an idiot, know when and where to have a bit of fun, and you'll be right.

How modified is my car? Ummm.... it's modified :down:

I've had my 'Lude & 'Line for 2 years now and I've never had to open my bonnet at any RBT or Check Stn.

My GTR has been modified but if I'm driving at night, I wear a suit or smart cas. and Mr Plod treats me courteously. My rear No. Plate surround has "Springwood Nissan" on it which puzzles Mr Plod at the same time. And when I talk to Mr Plod, I put on my very dignified Anthony Hopkins accent and then treat him with the utmost respect. Yes, I can say that Mr Plod and I get along very well - quite chummy really!

I've had mine for 4+ years now and only ever been pulled over for a 'random' once, and that was around the time I bought it, and yes, it was too low, and yes I got a canary, and yes I fixed the height issue, and I've never been pulled over again. It's all about how you drive.

PS. My car is for sale, so if you are keen on an R34 that has EVERYTHING, PM ME.

:yes:

BASS OUT

Be prepared to be dragged by shitters. I don't drag, and if I did I'd probably lose (being a novice driver and a non-turbo), but the amount of times some random POS has launched (if that's what you could call it) beside me at the lights is pretty disgraceful. I've never had a nice car try, it's only the wannabes or the Commodores with big HOLDEN sticks across the windscreen.

I love my car, but I don't like the attention it draws. An example would be, driving through Frankston (probably a poor example) only the scummiest bastards will turn and look, everyone else ignores it. Never had an issue with the cops though.

Another concern is about security. I have an awesome alarm system on my car, but that still doesn't stop random drunk import haters from throwing a bottle at as they walk by.

does that mean by driving a manual you're less likely to slam into a tree? ;)

its all about personal preferance. manual is in no way shape or form better than an automatic. just coz you prefer manual doesnt make it better

and yes you will get camrys and magnas trying to race you.

There is a general misconception that autos are worse than manuals... maybe true 10 years ago but definitely not these days with the amount of technology that is available. In fact, I'm game enough to say that autos will be the future rather than your manual boxes...