SAU Community

Xenons

Silhouette31

Can someone point me in the right direction where the ballasts are for a s2 stagea?

Mine were removed for compliance, I got a pair back today from my importer but I think they're from a different car, they have ballasts attached and look like a different globe holder.... :P

Had a quick look and can't find where these huge ballasts are mounted, so I'm thinking mine are mounted somewhere else and might not have been removed?

Can someone point me in the right direction where the ballasts are for a s2 stagea?

Mine were removed for compliance, I got a pair back today from my importer but I think they're from a different car, they have ballasts attached and look like a different globe holder.... :P

Had a quick look and can't find where these huge ballasts are mounted, so I'm thinking mine are mounted somewhere else and might not have been removed?

they are mounted on the back of the headlight a bit hard to see when in place .if you search there is plenty info here and pics.regards mike

yeah you may have to take the front bar off although thinking about it you may be able to get them out without needing to - there are a few nuts inside the engine bay behind the rad support holding parts of the lights in but i;m not 100% sure

hey dude.. take out ya grill. take out ya high beems undo top bolt on actual head light

undo the bolt that is on the bit of front bar that devids the high beems and head lights theres 2 or 3 bolts on the head light and u have to semi pull it out... it makes a rude noise sumtimes aswell! haha if ya need a better description let me know :laugh:

cheers adam, the tricky bit was getting to the bolts behind the bits of the front bar between the grille n headlight.

well got the lights out and back in all good. got to bed at 1am damnit!! drivers side works fine but the passenger side seems to have issues.

I cracked the cover on the back of the globe plug, and i think its not letting some of the contacts or something connect properly. It buzzes really loud when i turn the lights on, for about 3 seconds, then goes silent and doesnt light up.

but if I flick the lights on and off a few times it'll come on..

I've tried the drivers side globe in the passenger side and it didnt make a difference. So it's gotta be the dodgy plug or ballast?

It's all wired up properly, tested it with the multimeter and its getting power, although it does fluctuate a bit.

Edited by Silhouette31

Sorry to use your thread... Since I still have the Ballasts attatched to my headlights and the original wiring loom hasn't been chopped (Plugs still there) is it possible just to buy the bulbs for the xenons? Will I need anything else? This is for a series 2 RS4S. Turns out the plug hole for the ballast is filled with black silicon? Is this possible to just clean out?

Edited by SSStagea

the loud whining noise is the light adjuster... like moving the beam high or low... u can control it from the car, not too sure what the drama is just re check the wiring i guess..

nah its a really really loud buzzing sound like shorting out a positive terminal on a battery to an earth :(:(

M I K E, it's the plug that the globe goes into.

Local auto elec had no idea what a HID/xenon headlight was, handy, so no help there.

not entirely on topic but yesterday i had after market hid kit installed on my series 2 rs4, because the dealer absolutely screwed the origional kit and used speaker wire to run the headlights

i decided to have it all ripped out and go from scratch, couldnt be happyer with the set up.