SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

Rather than start a whole new thread figured i'd ask this here...

Has anyone ever been picked on for having retreads when going through Regency?....Im going tomorrow and I just noticed on my Tire Placard in the fine print that my GTR requires a 'V' Rated tire 240km/h....my intention was to borrow a set of 33 stockies with retreads...has anyone ever been shafted for this?

you will be fine with those mate. As long as the tire has tread and the wheel matches the size stated in your placard you will be fine.

goodluck

Just a quick update, passed inspection today, think i scored the best Inspector there...only down side was I broke the connector off my PFC Hand Controller, I had left it in the car as it wasnt connected and me and the Inpsector exchanged views on the matter...I got a little frustrated and pulled a bit harder than I should have and it broke...exhaust was super quiet, went to 92Db then settled at 86Db...full jap system with metal cat too...wtf? Does have 2 big mufflers...Anyway, im sure it can be fixed, stoked to have passed!

Anyone know anyone that fixes PFC Hand Controllers???...

Any electronics repair business should be able to solder you up a new connector, unless you snapped the actual physical plug itself, might be pretty hard to find a replacement, though any decent electronic technician could wire you up a different plug,

• 1 month later...

will Regency dislike this eg not pass the vechile?? or let it go it cant fall of and is going to secured

post-77561-0-02077900-1301386747_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ke55pig

Is the panel firmly attached or does it flap around? If its firmly attached you might be ok, just depends on inspector.

I had my inner guards hacked to pieces, rear bumper loose (they didn't touch it) and front quarter panel had a crack where it mounts and was cable tied on (also didn't touch it), didn't get picked up however none were obvious or loose panels, yours has a hole so it might get picked on.

gday all had my pride and joy defected a few months ago for being 10mm too low and a broken fog light near the underpass of ingle farm shopping centre....was wondering how with the fact of stock springs? as i wasnt driving the car it was a spastic ex that has no clue i couldnt dispute it. and on the subject of fog lights why defect it if you cant use them for city driving? fairly furious and whether i could escape with taking it too elizabeth cop shop?

Edited by gilly_ECR33

Need help asap. Did a final check over the 33 today getting ready for regency in the morning an now as soon as i indicator the hazzards go on.

I have replaced the flasher relay

the fusses

the globes with corect wattige

Have ripped dash apart looking for something earthing i am stuck and have no clue what it could be

345 up front 355 rear got re defected for height today at regency gay not happy so am now after front and rear struts

What height is it now?

I'm a bit worried about mine now too - since I put the 18's on it seems to be sitting around 335 - used to be 345-350-ish :( .. guess I can always put the 17's back on to get through..