SAU Community

End Of Triple M's Spoonman

JamesK

I downloaded every "get this" podcast off the mmm website before they took it down so I could reminisce. If either of you guys want a copy let me know. I whack them on cd's every now and then for a long drive. Classic radio!

If you listen to the "long way home" Ed cavalie still uses jokes he developed with Tony M. Like the odd reference to Rex hunt, jeff fenech and upskirting at the tennis!

Thanks for the offer mate, I actually did the same thing and downloaded all the podcasts as well... Glad to see there are a few fans of the show here, radio is so boring during the day now.

Thanks for the offer mate, I actually did the same thing and downloaded all the podcasts as well... Glad to see there are a few fans of the show here, radio is so boring during the day now.

If you find the radio boring during the day & are in front of a computer, why don't you stream a radio station.

I personally like www.kisw.com ("The Rock of Seattle"). Great tunes. Entertaining hosts etc.

If you can't stream, why not get a 160GB iPod, load it up and put it on shuffle... or put the Get This pod casts on it & listen throughout the day?

If you find the radio boring during the day & are in front of a computer, why don't you stream a radio station.

I personally like www.kisw.com ("The Rock of Seattle"). Great tunes. Entertaining hosts etc.

If you can't stream, why not get a 160GB iPod, load it up and put it on shuffle... or put the Get This pod casts on it & listen throughout the day?

Great ideas thanks :spank: however I'm driving around in the car for 6 or so hours a day so that makes it a bit harder, plus the CD player in the Falcon isn't MP3 compatible so I can't burn a heap of podcasts onto the one cd etc... I do have the FM transmitter for my iPod but the radio just doesn't pick it up clearly :down:

Dont know how much any one else will like it, but i listen to the howard stern show, can download it from torrent sites, takes a bit of getting use to though as there are a lot of different people who make up the show, i have been listening for 3 years and there are still people popping up that i had never heard of before, after all, the has been running for 25 yrs in the states.

Dont know how much any one else will like it, but i listen to the howard stern show, can download it from torrent sites, takes a bit of getting use to though as there are a lot of different people who make up the show, i have been listening for 3 years and there are still people popping up that i had never heard of before, after all, the has been running for 25 yrs in the states.

To be honest I hate that guy, I know why you listen to him but after living in the states for awhile you just start to see the seedy old man that he is

If you were a fan of Get This, you might find this sound clip amusing...

http://www.gavincato.com/tmp/OJSimpson.mp3

haha nice, that's very Tony Martin-esque :)

still waiting for him to come back on the airwaves. good to see Ed and Veronica Marsland have found other spots, but haven't heard anything from TM since the show ended :whoops:

To be honest I hate that guy, I know why you listen to him but after living in the states for awhile you just start to see the seedy old man that he is

I know what your saying and although it is called the howard stern show there is a lot more going on than just a 52 yr old derro, there is numerous other show staff and guests that come together to make up one very funny show at times, even just discussing news events usually have some sort of humour in it.

definitely not for everyone though, but it is for me.