SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

Superlap Australia

I'm keen to see how Sams car stacks up against the other 2 R32's. That should be pretty interesting.

So shall we start a book now for the odds on Brisby actually making it.

No chance in hell currently leads the odds @ $1.01

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to do F1, but being OS for so long means if back in Aus I should catch up with family in Sydney..so family=Sydney so works out. Plus this will probably be the last time i ever get to drive Oran Park, so have to fire up the cameras and record the prodigous binning so i can win some white goods on Funniest Home Videa :yes: Cans after Superlap watching the GP sounds like a good compromise....now just to work out some Indian financial rort to pay for all this :D

I'm keen to see how Sams car stacks up against the other 2 R32's. That should be pretty interesting.

So shall we start a book now for the odds on Brisby actually making it.

No chance in hell currently leads the odds @ $1.01

Thats an easy bet. I will take it. More meaningful would be will the car be ready 12 days before the event or 12 hours :D

Bah - when are cars ever ready early in advance. I'm 2 weeks out from heading to tas for my 1st ever Rally and Benno hasn't even started fixing all the broken stuff on the car from July yet. Everything (including the engine out to fix the diff) needs to be done next week so I can do everything else the following Tuesday (as Mon is a public hoiliday) before I go on the ship on the Wed.

Team last minute FTW!

Some slower cars too...lol. Will be a question of working out the cars in your session and trying to pace yourself to them...can burn a lot of time at OP letting quicker cars through :D

Whats the cap on numbers?

Actual times from last year below. Most should be faster this next one pending weather and track conditions?

Superlap 2008

Just sent my entry for Open class in today. Sold my old CA18DET Datto 1200 track car the end of last year and I pick up my new toy this weekend. I had been thinking that the same engine in a Silvia or 180SX would be faster thanks mainly to the more sophisticated and tuneable rear suspension and the quicker steering, combined with the slippery shape I think that will more than make up for the little bit of extra weight they carry. I found a sileighty with all the right bits and pieces that just needs a bit of a tidyup and maybe a few minor suspension tweaks. Dave at Japanese Parts and Performance has been very helpful throwing in a few things I needed and organising the tune with Matty Spry from PITS. Can't wait to get it on the track!

Edited by hrd-hr30

team up sabotaging that S2000 then see who does the best job on each other's car eh?

maybe we should just hog-tie Boz and throw him in your boot. I don't want to be beaten by a WRX either... and we'll get to see if Boz really is quick in any car!

i think i might enter so i can see how my shit cars a r31 with positve camber and a fat bloke in it can beat!

solid rear end so its a drag car so should beat all the shit gtr's

(my car was built in newcastle so probably wont start on the day... farken r31!)

and its a skyline so should beat all those door chock shitta's zed car

im already blaming the coil packs for my shit 1:19 time... would have run faster if i bought new re-treads and learnt how to steer

ultimately in 3 years from now ill tell everyone i was running 1:13 even though i didnt even turn up to the event..no one will know beacaue the track is gone!..... and the bitches will flock to me!

and roy your gay arse rb20 and your reach around gear shifts are turning me on... look forward to tyre shinning your rear tyres!

Edited by fatz