SAU Community

Crack In My Rim

I was doing and inspection of my car today and I noticed this crack through the spoke of my rim.

Is this repairable and would it be safe to drive to a tyre centre?

I live in Rosanna, northern suburbs of Melbourne. Any rim repairers you guys can recommend that I can ring up and check?

Has anyone else had problems with rims cracking before? The brand I've got is BSA.

post-3291-1228521430_thumb.jpg

I was doing and inspection of my car today and I noticed this crack through the spoke of my rim.

Is this repairable and would it be safe to drive to a tyre centre?

I live in Rosanna, northern suburbs of Melbourne. Any rim repairers you guys can recommend that I can ring up and check?

Has anyone else had problems with rims cracking before? The brand I've got is BSA.

I just rang up a local wheel repairer and he said they don't repair crack wheels, and he doesn't know of anyone who does.

Is that right? I was reading a couple of posts on this forum and it seems like people have got their crack rims repaired before.

GET THAT OFF YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW

Do NOT drive anywhere on that at all!!

No one will repair a cast rim that is cracked like that- dependent on how old it is, maybe try and hit up BSA to replace under warranty.

GET THAT OFF YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW

Do NOT drive anywhere on that at all!!

No one will repair a cast rim that is cracked like that- dependent on how old it is, maybe try and hit up BSA to replace under warranty.

Yeah, I already removed the wheel on Saturday quick smart. I bought these rims second hand off someone from these forums. Unfortunately I can't remember who, and I doubt there's any chance of getting it replaced under warranty.

I rang up a wheel shop for replacement, he quoted me $250. Now I'm just looking for a good place to buy a replacement around Melbourne. Any good recommendations?

I have no idea how it fractured like this, I didn't hit anything. I'm suspecting it's poor quality or previous owner caused some damage to it.

Has anyone else had problems with BSA that they would like to share? I just did a search on google and came across this post.

http://www.trackchat.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=766

I don't want to buy a replacement for this wheel if this problem can occur on the other ones. I don't know what to do know. Should I contact BSA? Or speak to a tire place? The wheel shop that I called on Saturday said they'll ring me back on Monday about the new one that I wanted to purchase. Should I tell them what happened and bring it in to show them? I don't know if they would be willing to help me as I never purchased the wheels of them in the first place.

i would def try and get a replacement.

a good manufacturer should stand by their product - regardless of proof of purchase. As long as it isn't 200 years old and obviously not been used "in the fashion it was designed to be"...