SAU Community

R33 Exhaust Note

SiR_RB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some good points here guys...thanks

im gona definetly get my bro in-law to drive it while i drive my mums camry, it'l be interestin to hear it from outside and wot other ppl can hear, when both opening it up and just crusing...

if stil not happy out goes the muffler in goes the 3" pipe in its position....

:)

Mine got a lot louder when i got rid of the stock turbo.

Then when i had the HKS cams it got ridicolous, when a cop pulled me up after i got them he said "she's a bit loud aint she?" i was like "yeah she's a bit angry" and he just noded and let me go lol. First good cop ever.

Point of the story, get rid of the stock turbo and get some cams lol.

SSSCCCCCRRRRREEEEEEAAAAMMMMMEEEERRRRPPPPIIIPPPEEEE :O:O

twin 3in pipes out the rear with one straight through muffler where you want to cut the other one out (i.e hot dog type muffler, but get the longest one you can fit!) :O

cams on a 1600 made it go from meh to headache inducing. I think the stag sounds shit in it, but if i rev it standing outside it sounds farken sweet, and neighbours mentioned when they have heard it how good it sounds at WOT

I had an exhaust place make me a 3" mandrel system with two magnaflow straight thru mufflers. standard cat

then i had it ceramic coated.

really quiet. I flew past a mate on the way home from work the other day. He said all he could hear was turbo whistle...

I have aftermarket manifold standard turbo and aftermarket dump pipe.

I had the mufflers fitted with bolt flanges so i can just pull them out and fit straight pipe easy.

Cams make a HUGE difference to the sound.

Even with stock cams and adjustable cam gears you can get a noticeable change. Pulling 2-3 degrees out of the exhaust cam on my set up would make the difference between pass and fail noise emissions....The bigger your exhaust is, the more cams will change the note...

i think you need to let someone else drive your car so you can hear it from the oustide, because your used to your car you cannot really hear the toughness or notice it.

This happened to me, got a few videos and then realised damn she does sound tough as!

Try it

this is so true.

i used to hear them drive past me n think fk that sounds tough

until my mate drove my car for me and i realised mine sounded even crazier. i'm not sure why its hard to notice the RB growl when your inside the car probably because the exhaust is behind you facing outward.

do what my mate done best sounding car its an s13 with an rb20

hes just got dump to decat pipe to nothing (yep he just took it all off) - little scary following him and seeing massive flames coming from underneath the car just infront of the fuel tank

my mate had a high mount t04e on a stainless mani and and external venting. he also had a cat. 3inch off the turbo with a 5inch tip. That thing sounded sooooo angry even on idle. When the external opened up, it scared every other pedestrian and driver on the road haha. sounded Better then a V8.

When he got rid of the cat, it was even louder. scary. i remember i was sittin in the passengers and he started it up and it kinda felt like my head was vibrating..

Personally, too me a car that is just ridiculously loud pushing 120db doesn't do it for me. (referencing to some people talking about no cats/mufflers/straight pipes etc). I prefer a car that has a nice deep tough note. I've heard plenty of RB's, SR's, V8's etc that sound like a banshee screaming its head off, but sound absolutely horrible. Ever heard a SR with no exhaust........no thanks.

Just my choice though.