2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome result for Red Bull! Best race in ages!!!!

I'm a bit confused as to why they pitted Webber before Vettel though! Not favouring the young whippersnapper yet surely? LOL

I just kept laughing at Lewy spinning round every 3rd lap. Lol top effort :thumbsup:

Yeh, Massa gets grief for his Silvertone race last year, where as Hamilton has that race on his CV as a rainmaster qualification. Well today showed that every driver is only as good as the car allows and he had as many, if not more spins then Massa had at Silverstone.

Re Webber and pit strategy, that had me confused as well. Not to mention that with Webber re-joining behnd Massa etc it meant that RBR realised they had to short fill Vettel if he was to get track position on them. So Webber got the worse of the Strategy today. Given his fuel i was hoping he wa going to do the short fuel to try and jump Vettel at the first round of pit stops

The Webber pitting 1st thing though was most likely a pit wall call based upon the best possible scinero of getting a team win. It's not the first time thats happened - I remember a few races where teams clearly stated that pit strattergy would go to whom-ever was in front at the 1st corner before. It does seem slightly harsh though given the lighter fuel load gave Vettel a better crack at pole but you can't blame the team for doing it. But there is no doubt this is Webbers best year ever to have a chance at that 1st win and I can see the team will help him get it now that they have one. The car looked good in both wet and dry and in theory can only improve on the Brawns.

Utter fail on the call at the start for Alonso though. I was watching the early lap times and it was something like 5 laps from when the safety car came in before Webber in 2nd had enough of a lead to pit and fit back in the top 10 (based upon 30s which seemed about average) so surely Alonso had 5 laps of fuel. 10th at the end of lap 5 would have been a whole lot better than 20th.

Button was scratching his head about why they weren't on pace, and could see him weaving at one point trying to get heat into the tyres. I think BGP cars are too easy on their tyres, great for making super softs last but leaves them with no grip in the wet. Big advantage in dry races though.

Good point Kinks, though Brawn was out qualified by the RBR's and Alonso as well, and that was in the dry.

Bahrain will sort things out. The Red Bulls might have troubles with the heat. Hope not though.

I really like Vettel at the moment. He's looking great, but I admit I was kind of hoping for a little spin in the last few laps to get Webber his maiden win.

Good point Kinks, though Brawn was out qualified by the RBR's and Alonso as well, and that was in the dry.

Bahrain will sort things out. The Red Bulls might have troubles with the heat. Hope not though.

I really like Vettel at the moment. He's looking great, but I admit I was kind of hoping for a little spin in the last few laps to get Webber his maiden win.

Exactly what I was hoping for.. but for Vettel to fit in just behind Webber :) unfortunately not the case but can't ask for much more from the weekend.

It's refreshing to see the recently dominating teams struggling for once and the others capitialising on it.

Can't wait for Bahrain!

Well i would rather see Webber win his first GP on merit...BUT, if Beumi had of ended Vettels race i would not have cried. After all it was Japan 18 months ago that a STR rookie rear ended Webz when he was on it for a podium, perhaps the top step

awesome race :) good to see lots of overtaking.

epic fail again by ferrari, massa was doing good but electric problem or something, i wonder how much different the new aero package will do.

the team f**ked Alonso in the ass by bring him under the safety car

yeah they do look very similar, it's mainly IMO due to the using the same paint scheme at the front of the car, the only difference is the back RBR has the proper red bull logo and STR has the red bull only

STR should have stuck with the 08 livery - it was quite nice

I missed out on the GP last night - I only heard ont he radio on the way home that Webber finished 2nd - didn't say who won until i check ed the net. Well done RBR

Yeh, Massa gets grief for his Silvertone race last year, where as Hamilton has that race on his CV as a rainmaster qualification. Well today showed that every driver is only as good as the car allows and he had as many, if not more spins then Massa had at Silverstone.

Bit of a difference tho, yes?

Hammo still came into a comfortable points finish in a highly competitive field in 09 in an absolute rubbish car

Massa spun 7 times at the absolute back of the pack with no chance of any kind of respectable result in a car which dominated the field with Mclaren

I'd say theres a MASSIVE difference between the two

Good on webman for showing button whats what too. Overtaking in 09 is great. Hamilton took kimi at least three times, and the duel out the front was great to watch. What does need to change is the second seat at renault tho

So now to see if Webebr responds positively to all the press that Vettel will be getting re future WDC. He needs to respond next race and show that he is capable of beating the guy... if he is capable. I think he is

No difference in my eyes, thi race had cars crashing into one another and out of the race and retiring. British GP last year didnt have that.

Wasnt there only two dnf's?? i thought that was impressive given the conditions.

Kimi's car must've been woeful in the wet, (yes I watched the race, but obviously he wasn't shown much). My point being that they didn't keep showing replays of him spinning out etc, yet he just went backwards all day, and that's with a single pit stop I believe. Whereas on the other hand, Piquet lost 2 noses, so pitted no less than 2 times, Hamilton was constantly dropping it as were others, yet Kimi got nowhere...

Painful races for me to watch, but fingers crossed they turn it around

Alonso strategy went out the window, why teh hell did they do the first 6 laps under safety car? The track didnt change at all anyway.

Must be pissed to start 2nd and end up 9th. Although he lost 2 or 3 spots from a late spin.

How unfair for webber.. Hes been at RBR for so long but not the one to get the win.

Great for Vettel, but ide like to see him get a win in the dry with a full field.

Hoping no more rain-races. I want to see what the new aero package for renault etc has gained.

Webber is known to be a good qaulifier i was shocked that vettel could out qaulify him with only one lap in each session.

As for race stratigy i think RBR may have been trying to use webber as a rear gunner putting him infront of the brawns in case the track dryed and vettel needed a buffer.....only a thought.

Yup, 2nd Renault seat needs a change ASAP!

Piquet Jr is a douché bag and is not worthy of Formula 1... Also, Ferrari jibbed Kimi again.... Why the 1 stopper??? They need to be more aggressive with their strategies??

Maybe Sir Douglas Haig has just landed a job on the Ferrari pit wall....