SAU Community

Need Some Dodgy Ideas To Clear Defect:):):)

i got pulled and defected oh wonderful 3rd time in the last 6 months i got done for all the usuals which i can get cleared the one that has stuffed me is they got me for missing exaust mainfold bolts.now since i m upgrading to a hks gtrs in the next 6 months i planned on fixing the snapped off bolts then when i take the other turbo off, but with limited funds atm i cant afford to do that.

i need a QUICK FIX dodgy solution which will keep them in place for when i take it to get cleared.

any ideas ppls that wont look too dodgy? and i thought i would add that i m only literally 1 min or so away from the place i get stuff cleared at so i m not ruling out superglue at this point or a lil bit of high temp silicon but the silicon may look a bit red hot.

any ideas would be wonderful:):P:):P

Edited by Hunting Lions

i got pulled and defected oh wonderful 3rd time in the last 6 months i got done for all the usuals which i can get cleared the one that has stuffed me is they got me for missing exaust mainfold bolts.now since i m upgrading to a hks gtrs in the next 6 months i planned on fixing the snapped off bolts then when i take the other turbo off, but with limited funds atm i cant afford to do that.

i need a QUICK FIX dodgy solution which will keep them in place for when i take it to get cleared.

any ideas ppls that wont look too dodgy? and i thought i would add that i m only literally 1 min or so away from the place i get stuff cleared at so i m not ruling out superglue at this point or a lil bit of high temp silicon but the silicon may look a bit red hot.

any ideas would be wonderful:) :P:P:)

Depending on how deep the bolts have snapped off,try tapping a thread into the manifold and cut some new bolts down to size and screw them in with some loctite stud lock adhesive ,this will last untill you want to change the engine.or buy one eazi out of the right size and replace them propperly they are not that exspensive.hope this helps you

buy one eazi out of the right size and replace them propperly they are not that exspensive.

+1

If it takes time to get this done, then get the return date for vehicle inspection extended.

Pointless to spend $$, time and effort just to do some half-arsed "fix" that isn't. You might beat the authorities, but really you're only cheating yourself.

Third defect in 6 months suggests other more major issues to attend to?

another dodgy idea... measure the hole size in the manifold and get a metric tap and tap it out to suit a bigger stud, and just cut the new stud in half and screw it into the manifold and attatch a nut so it looks as if its there... if they ask just say it f**ked the head so u drilled it out larger and put a bigger size thread into it.

But i highly recommend spending 100-200 dollars and get someone to do it for u. Surely you know someones mates mate who will do it for a carton or something? Do it once, do it properly

it will cost ~60 for each bolt a mobile stud remover to replace, try find someone who will do it with the manifold on.

if you know of someone that does it for around that price with everything in place, PM me :blush: paleeeeeeeez.

Heat resistant super glue and bolt heads FTW!! It will hold if you baby it to the place and do it from a cold start so engine don't heat up too much.

Or just wait till you have the funds and the new turbo and do it properly :blush:

LOLZ at this thread!!

• 2 weeks later...

alright ppls and no its not the driver to the person that said that i have full points and one speeding fine which was in my mums for KA when i first got my licence cops in newcastle dont muck around they out defecting every weekend.

since there snapped off inside the holes i have got new bolts which are going to be cut down and i m going to machine them at work so they fit nice and tightly and fill the hole with high temp silicon and let it mellow for a day to go off properly.

this stuff is good for 300 degrees it works best when creates a seal i ma boilermaker and we use this stuff on flanges on sites and its a real bastard to remove them cos its sticks real well.

i understand the manifold is going to be hotter then that but i can only hope that it will hold.

i m hoping who ever blue slips it looks and sees the new bolts and says ok thats very nice then they can tick off the other defects with my engineers certificate which this workshop does wish me luck ppls

• 3 weeks later...
alright ppls and no its not the driver to the person that said that i have full points and one speeding fine which was in my mums for KA when i first got my licence cops in newcastle dont muck around they out defecting every weekend.

since there snapped off inside the holes i have got new bolts which are going to be cut down and i m going to machine them at work so they fit nice and tightly and fill the hole with high temp silicon and let it mellow for a day to go off properly.

this stuff is good for 300 degrees it works best when creates a seal i ma boilermaker and we use this stuff on flanges on sites and its a real bastard to remove them cos its sticks real well.

i understand the manifold is going to be hotter then that but i can only hope that it will hold.

i m hoping who ever blue slips it looks and sees the new bolts and says ok thats very nice then they can tick off the other defects with my engineers certificate which this workshop does wish me luck ppls

high temp silicon done the job i m stoked and they have been in there for the past couple weeks whilst the car has been driven :sick::):(:):banana::)

END OF STORY:)

any ideas would be wonderful:) :(:banana::)

no help to you but it helps to know ppl that do dodgy blue slips :sick:

most of the dodgy blue slippers up here have been wrapped over the knuckles.

what other mods have you got that get defected??

everything else that was defected a had an engineers certificate for so they bloke just ticked them off on the engineers advice.

there was nothing to dodgy about the guy i went to is he really going to try and test whether the bolts where in properly when the car is red hot he would have had burns from a$$hole to breakfast, but indeed he didnt even look in the engine bay he stamped the notice too 18.20 off me and sent me on my way,