SAU Community

Land Based Fishing Spots In Vic

Mohsen

look around ebay and the tradingpost

i got mine for $3300. needed some small bits n peices like bungs, another seat, a rubber floor mat(they get slippery!)

around this time next year, we are looking to upsize to a 8 metre one. should be some fun :/

oh and phatboy. if you persevere, you can pickup a good V hull, about 18ft for around that price. make sure its got all the saftey shit and NO SOFT SPOTS.

or you can swap your R34 GTR for mine :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha might sell the boat for 6k!

dads mate showed some considerable interest and i told him what i want(i was joking but he took it seriously..)

looks like a bigger boat might come sooner rather than later

Edited by GTR-boy

Hahaha that's what I call a quick upgrade

i know hey, f**k this years off to a great start! :)

also getting my p's in sept, and my little beasty coming around june :(

now to the point, i think i should get nismoid to change the thread name to the fishing thread.

and if i buy a bigger boat, i can start going to portland to chase tuna and mako sharks :cool:

mmmm what rod out fits you guys using?

im using a penn 220gt overhead reel with 16kg mono with a penn 28kg leader. (for the boat)

for the piers a 1.8m with a jarvis walker conventional reel(6kg line)

for the surf beachers, a 2.4m rod with a jarvis walker eggbeater baitcaster with 10kg line

getting the trailer regoed on thursday, then buying a sounder and GPS and should be ready to hit the bay!

1. casting setup Fenwick idonnowhat rod 10-20, shimano chronarch, PE2 line

2. Some japanese rod, Dogtooth special or something, and Avet SX with P6 line. Used for hunting those 15kg+ groupers off the malaysian wrecks.

I've got a pretty basic, beginner setup.

River/Pier, 4 kg line

Soft plastics: 6/6" Escape with ET graphite/cork rod and Alivia 2500FB reel

Bait fishing: 6/6" Jarvis Walker Fishhunter + spinner reel combo

Surf, 9 kg line

12" Jarvis Walker Fishunter + spinner reel combo

its a pretty long drive eh?

The last i heard, some guys went there and caught nothing but weeds, then again, they were fishing.

3 and half hrs! gotta shot up there after work should be good!

Your right the last i've been up there caught no fish, but a shit load of crabs!!!!!!!!

but this time i am hoping for some nice breams!!! fingers cross!! wish me luck lol

better off to hunt for just the crabs.. are they blue swimmers?

Or what weird crabs are they? I've never been able to get a proper answer from anybody. I've only had experience with mudcrabs, I catch them with a torchlight and a long handled net back home, walking along river banks.

I reckon from bream, pippies or prawns work awesome, but use a lighter leader. Once i was at docklands during my lunch break, and caught nothing on 20lb leader, but once i swapped it to 12lbs, i caught something, so try it out. Sometimes its the bait presentation.

better off to hunt for just the crabs.. are they blue swimmers?

Or what weird crabs are they? I've never been able to get a proper answer from anybody. I've only had experience with mudcrabs, I catch them with a torchlight and a long handled net back home, walking along river banks.

I reckon from bream, pippies or prawns work awesome, but use a lighter leader. Once i was at docklands during my lunch break, and caught nothing on 20lb leader, but once i swapped it to 12lbs, i caught something, so try it out. Sometimes its the bait presentation.

thanks for that!the crabs there are blue swimmers! awesome to eating ! :blink: cant wait

so they're blue swimmers, okay then they don't sound too bad, i love blue swimmers, they're awesome just steamed. alright, now its justified.

but when there are crabs, there isnt much fish to catch, because the crabs will get your bait before the fish do.

• 8 months later...

^ My mrs birthday is coming up soon and she wants to go fishing so i am thinking of taking her away for the weekend.

As above anyone know any good spots where its a sure catch, even for a little fish to excite her and that we can put up a tent or somewhere nearby that is nice to stay? (has to be land)

Any info is truly appreciated! :P

Alvin is there a site for it? Struggling to find anything on this, although it does ring a bell. Any idea if there's accommodation and or pricing for fishing or was it per trout/size?

From memory my friend gets a houseboat there unless im thinking of the wrong place.

nah, they've got a few ponds there, stocking various sizes of trout, if the prices haven't changed, its $2/entry and $14/kg for the trout, but the thing is, they only weigh the fish after gutting it, so it ends up cheaper than the fish mongers and more fun, well, they even have equipment rental, but its not as fun without your own. I go there to test out new tackle.