SAU Community

Intercooler Piping - Defected

lukebaldan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont bother complaining you wont win i dont wanna get in to detail of wat happend to me but just take the pain n move on...

please do tell us what happened in your case.....I don't think anyone is complaining (I've not seen any complaints), but would really like to hear your story...

Cheers.

cant member his last name, but his name is graham and his on the forums as gdogzgtr or something

Graeme is definitely not Pettet...He's a decent cop who actually uses his discretionary power :cheers:

Well an update:

I am very very pissed off at the moment. To the point where i am tempted to sell the car and make everyone happy.

So:

-I took all the paperwork to vicroads, waited only to discover that the roadworthy had the incorrect rego on it (Honest mistake). So they couldn't clear the defect.

-I went to the mechanic and had the road worthy fixed.

-I just went to vicroads only to discover that the engineering certificate had the wrong certificate number for the date (Honest mistake). They wouldn't accept it the 2nd time after talking to management.

-The defect expires tomorrow at 5pm.

So i ring the engineer, couldn't get in touch with him :-(

I rang knox TMU asking politely for an extension to the defect due to work purposes and the stuff around i've experienced. Darryl (TMU) said no, there's too much paperwork to chase around.

I'm screwed, i need to use my car to get to work. After tomorrow i can't.

3 weeks owning the car and all this trouble. Sadly i think this will be the last performance import i'll own. Cops don't like them and the stuff around i have experienced is just a sign telling me 'You shouldn't have bought this car'

You may see a white R34 GT-T popping up on carsales very soon

Well an update:

I am very very pissed off at the moment. To the point where i am tempted to sell the car and make everyone happy.

So:

-I took all the paperwork to vicroads, waited only to discover that the roadworthy had the incorrect rego on it (Honest mistake). So they couldn't clear the defect.

-I went to the mechanic and had the road worthy fixed.

-I just went to vicroads only to discover that the engineering certificate had the wrong certificate number for the date (Honest mistake). They wouldn't accept it the 2nd time after talking to management.

-The defect expires tomorrow at 5pm.

So i ring the engineer, couldn't get in touch with him :-(

I rang knox TMU asking politely for an extension to the defect due to work purposes and the stuff around i've experienced. Darryl (TMU) said no, there's too much paperwork to chase around.

I'm screwed, i need to use my car to get to work. After tomorrow i can't.

3 weeks owning the car and all this trouble. Sadly i think this will be the last performance import i'll own. Cops don't like them and the stuff around i have experienced is just a sign telling me 'You shouldn't have bought this car'

You may see a white R34 GT-T popping up on carsales very soon

^^You sort of knew what you'd be in for when buying it... Why are you so angry now? The joys of owning an import surely outweighs this small incident?

Anyway you should have known about illegal mods and modded your car legally (plenty of information on here or anywhere for that matter) or just ignore laws like the majority of import owners and deal with the fallout as you are now.

Edited by ToF

^^You sort of knew what you'd be in for when buying it... Why are you so angry now? The joys of owning an import surely outweighs this small incident?

Anyway you should have known about illegal mods and modded your car legally (plenty of information on here or anywhere for that matter) or just ignore laws like the majority of import owners and deal with the fallout as you are now.

You are kind of right. I knew some mods on the car were illegal so i pulled them off. I honestly had no idea about the intercooler piping.

On second thought i spose having a nice car does outweigh the problems.

The engineer got in touch with me, apparently VicRoads changed their certificate numbering system or something. Hopefully i can pick up my new certificate today.

Pettet knew exactly what to look for. Within 2 seconds of approaching my window: "Pop the bonnet". Takes the flashlight out and goes straight for the hole without checking whether or not the car had an FMIC.

He's certainly not an idiot... back when I was on P's he pulled me over one day and asked me to pop the bonnet. When he saw that there was no turbo (R33 GTS) he asked me "so... what's with the 5 wheel studs?". I nearly fell over! I mean I certainly didn't expect him to know about the whole 4/5 wheel stud thing! I just said something about it having a different diff and that that's how I bought it... but yeah, he's pretty cluey on these sorta things! He ended up giving me a canary for my aftermarket steering wheel ("not enough padding") and rear tires (which were a little on the low side anyway, so fair enough).

Funny thing was though, he wasn't wearing a badge of any kind, so when he gave me the defect notice I saw his name and it all clicked. I must've smiled or something...

Other Cop: "what's so amusing?"

Poptart: "He's just seen my name and recognised it."

Me: "Something like that..."

Poptart: "So... am I as mean and nasty as everyone says I am?"

Me: "Haha... ah... 'no comment'... I'm just surprised you knew about the 4/5 stud thing..."

Poptart: "Theres a lot we know that you don't think we do..."

lol

any one got a pic of of him??? lol so atleast those of us who has not had the opportunity to meet him will know who to look out for lol

or what car

No pics, but when he pulled me over the last two times he was in a marked XR6Turbo...

I believe that the reason for 'knowing' (4/5 stud configuration for example) is by virtue of these forums....

Everything that we type is indeed read by 'interested parties'....not just 'enthusiasts'.

All this information is contained in a book that hthe TMU carry around with them. It's like a 'beginners guide to imports' and lists all the things to look for. I remember seeing it when i was pulled over and the first thing i saw in big bold writing was 'Turbo Skylines all have a 5 stud wheel pattern' or something along those lines.

All this information is contained in a book that hthe TMU carry around with them. It's like a 'beginners guide to imports' and lists all the things to look for. I remember seeing it when i was pulled over and the first thing i saw in big bold writing was 'Turbo Skylines all have a 5 stud wheel pattern' or something along those lines.

ah yes..that book.....and....these forums too! :P

You are kind of right. I knew some mods on the car were illegal so i pulled them off. I honestly had no idea about the intercooler piping.

On second thought i spose having a nice car does outweigh the problems.

The engineer got in touch with me, apparently VicRoads changed their certificate numbering system or something. Hopefully i can pick up my new certificate today.

Can't beleive you've had so much trouble already Luke, didn't even see this thread till today. Hopefully everything works out!

Can't beleive you've had so much trouble already Luke, didn't even see this thread till today. Hopefully everything works out!

Thanx Ab......I'm sure he'll get thru it...it's all been administrative mistakes creating delays...quite silly actually.

Hey guys,

I've been talking to Pettett via email. The guy is quite friendly and he is more than happy to answer any questions in regards to modification.

If you're in doubt about anything, fire off an email to Knox TMU and you'll get a reply.

Back to vicroads tomorrow for the third time, everything should be fine :-)