SAU Community

Need Help With Clutch!!!

Guest EVL-R33

Guest EVL-R33

ey guys, i had my car for bout 2 months now, its a 93 r33 gts-t around 85'ks on the clock and the clutch died on me last week

Now i want a clutch dat will hold up to around 200rkw, and something dat will last a long long time, and i know it all depdends on how u treat it, the thing is im pretty much a normal driver but every so often i will have fun if u know what i mean just the thing is i dont wanna buy a clutch and its gonna die on me again, the clutch dat died was a Standard r33 clutch,

ive had suggestions for a Exedy Daikin 5 Button Spring Centered Clutch? any good ? i would really appreciate any1s help,

Guest EVL-R33

thanx meggala,

ive been talking to a few ppl tho and dey r telling me organic aint good for harsh treatment, and dey will die much easier then a 5button h/d clutch, what diff in drivin is there from organic to button?

i just dont wanna have the problem of it frying on me again :P

ive got a bastard 5 button..... the only good thing about it is it wont die in a hurry!!!

its sucks in traffic, shudders a bit, is hell to launch but once you get the hang of it its alright.... does some mean launches and spins every gear change!

i sort of recommend it... its a cool clutch when youre caning the crap out of your car but its not suited to alot of other situations

Guest EVL-R33

I should be dropping my car off tommorw for the Clutch,

i think ill be goin for the dakien 5 button Ceramic clutch,

i just hope i get used to it lol

organic would be easier but i dont want to fork out for another clutch,

i guess going for the 5 button would be good fun when driving hard and i will just have to get used to it in traffic :P

i guess it just comes too getting used to it...

Guest EVL-R33

lol, how is it in traffic? hard to push in?

im a new at this stuff it is my first car, so yeh what do u mean exactly when u say it shudders?

not sure but apparently its normal

you do get used to it after a while though. but theres a excel in my family and i drive that for a day or so and then get back in the skyline and the clutch feels incredibly hard!

but itll definately grow on you and once you learn to drive it properly youll wonder how you ever coped with a std clutch!

sorry i didnt actually read your questions...

you feel a slight shudder as the clutch engages, i found it mainly in 1st and reverse when youre riding the clutch slightly like in traffic or in a carpark. i think cos of the nature of the clutch plate when you engage it slowly it doesnt slowly grip it shudders then grips:confused: im confusing myself now, youll have to wait till you pick it up i guess.... what ar you paying for it? i remember mine was $600 which isnt too bad cos i sure as hell ait gunah break it in a hurry

Guest EVL-R33

Should be Great Cant wait...

For something like That does $750 sound expensive, flywheel machined and installed the lot,

and how much rkw would it hold?

I should be fine with the hard clutch, the only other car in the family is my dads Mitsubishi Gto twin turbo, its got a pretty hard clutch not sure if its aftermarket tho, lol

:P

Guest EVL-R33

hehehe, ahh 220rkw plenty

Prank does the price sound alrite?

my car so far has a 3inch dump/front pipe trust jasma zorst its unbeliveable, and i have a hks air pod which i wil be changin for k&n. this with a big fmic up to 14psi boost and a computer tuned well and my cars in top condition how much rkw would i be making roughly???:burnout:

Originally posted by EVL-R33

hehehe, ahh 220rkw plenty  

Prank does the price sound alrite?  

my car so far has a 3inch dump/front pipe trust jasma zorst its unbeliveable, and i have a hks air pod which i wil be changin for k&n. this with a big fmic up to 14psi boost and a computer  tuned well and my cars in top condition how much rkw would i be making roughly???:burnout:

um.... 180rwkw-ish.

what was it $750 fitted with a mchined flywheel? sounds fine.. the clutches retail for ~$600ish.

Guest EVL-R33

LOL, i heard u have to wear em in,

better be safe then sorry....

how can u drive like a grandma with a car like dat? lol :burnout: