SAU Community

The drift look bonnet?

mtopxsecret6

Open zah bonnet. Zeah you should find two boltz on each of ze braketz boel-ted to ze bonnet zat hoeld ze bonnet up. Ya? Wis ze two boel-tz closest to ze Vindshkeen (left unt right side, ya?), undo zem, den insoo-ert 3 or 4 big vasherz (2mm shick, ja?) bet-veen ze braket unt ze bonnet.

Zeah, you kan now dorift better...

Originally posted by Rezz

Open zah bonnet. Zeah you should find two boltz on each of ze braketz boel-ted to ze bonnet zat hoeld ze bonnet up. Ya? Wis ze two boel-tz closest to ze Vindshkeen (left unt right side, ya?), undo zem, den insoo-ert 3 or 4 big vasherz (2mm shick, ja?) bet-veen ze braket unt ze bonnet.  

Zeah, you kan now dorift better...

:confused: dude i thought you were from japan :)

To be honest it has little to no effect at all, for any form of cooling in the bonnet the vent area needs to be in the first third of the bonnet. This from a guy who makes carbon bonnets for a living for rally etc. Something to do with the wind speed, it will not push all the way trough the engine bay and out the back. I used to have mine up 5mm at the rear but this was to help clear fmic piping and strut brace as they both touched slightly on the bonnet liner.

Interesting point re the aero BOOSTMEISTER...I remember reading just recently (can't remember which car this was tho), they actually had an *intake* at the base of the windscreen - apparently something in the airflow around that part of the car makes it suck air *into* the engine bay.