SAU Community

Buying A Helmet

vidospace

Well it changes week to week at present as work committments are not firm, but i will have to get my helmet packed up and shipped over to me for my next run around whatever track it ends up being :)

• 4 months later...
Bris - where did you get that one from?

LOL, dont you love the motorsport and bike culture in England...stuff is so much cheaper, well can be

I left my helmet in Melb by mistake when I was there two weeks ago. Was going to get it posted over to me with some other gear as i need it in September....but turns out easier to buy one over in UK and get it delivered to friends place.

So, this looks like the best $80 i have ever spent...brand spankers, but last years colour scheme :( I am sure you wont be able to even see the helmet through all the spray i can expect at cold and miserable Silverstone :)

KBC%20DRAGON.jpg

• 10 years later...

Forum advice can be very confusing. Here is my 2 cents worth. Australian certification is required for most track days unless it is a low speed skid pan activity. Note that the certification sticker and label must be inside or outside the helmet to pass scrutineering checks where applicable. Check CAMS infor if you are entering any CAMS run events. I have a full faced helemet for when I am riding my Ducati, but I use an open face helemet for track days and particulary rally driving, as they have far better peripherial vision and coms friendly. Have fun!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2021 at 3:27 PM, GTM said:

Forum advice can be very confusing. Here is my 2 cents worth. Australian certification is required for most track days unless it is a low speed skid pan activity. Note that the certification sticker and label must be inside or outside the helmet to pass scrutineering checks where applicable. Check CAMS infor if you are entering any CAMS run events. I have a full faced helemet for when I am riding my Ducati, but I use an open face helemet for track days and particulary rally driving, as they have far better peripherial vision and coms friendly. Have fun!

Yeah I dislike anything that gets between me and what's going on and that includes peripherical vision. Just got a FIA balaclava but apparently the FIA is not concerned with vision and the safety mafia say You Will Wear It.